Episode 9: The Last Laugh

"Knocking over that yacht was a piece of cake." One out of two felons said as he climbed down the ladder and onto the boat.

 The two cackled as the second one untied the rope keeping the boat in place.

 The first felon then saw something in the water. Looking down curiously, he saw a pair of glowing green eyes. Then a four-fingered, clawed and webbed hand flew3 out of the water, grabbed the criminals face and dragged him under.

 The second guy stopped laughing.

 Turning around, he raised a brow when he saw that his partner in crime was gone. Wandering over to where the other once stood, he looked into the water.

 Then Ripjaw's head popped out.

 Fearfully, the second felon began to climb up the ladder, slipping a few times before reaching the dock and running.

 People looked at him curiously; weirded out by his clothing and wondering why he was running with a look of fear on his face.

 The felon stopped as he neared a hot dog cart, and, when turning around to check if he was safe, Ben jumped out of the water and landed on the dock.

 Stumbling back, the criminal bumped into the hot dog cart. And going behind it, he knocked it over; spilling out the food and some oil. Of which, decided to make a circle around the alienated boy.

 The plug for the cart was going crazy- sparking and flying all over until eventually touching some of the oil, lighting it all aflame and making Ben gasp.

 "Got to love an old-fashioned fish fry!" The criminal said with a smile.

 "Hey!- Can't breathe!" Ben gasped, holding his throat. "Water... water..." He begged, dropping to the ground.

 Smiling wider, the villain then tried to run away; only stopping when a flaming girl landed in front of him.

 "Now, where do you think you're going?" Rose asked as she stood up. And with a wave of her hand, she commanded the fire to come to her.

 Taking a deep breath - although it not being that much help because he wasn't in water - Ben jumped over to the criminal, grabbed him in his jaw and threw him into one of the booths.

+

"I don't care what anybody says," One of the cops said to Ben and Rose, of whom were still in their super forms, as some other police arrested the criminals. "You circus freaks are okay by me."

 "Circus freaks?" Ben and Rose asked in unison.

 "We're not circus freaks. We're superheroes." Ben said.

 "Alien superheroes at that," Rose added.

 Jumping up, Ben backflipped into the water as Rose used her fire to fly away.

~+~

 The Duo was now back in the Rustbucket, sitting side by side as usual as Gwen sat on the opposing side, looking out the window as Max drove.

 "'Zombozo's traveling circus'?" Gwen read. "Cool!"

 "Hey, aren't you afr--" Rose went to say to Ben, but quickly cut herself off as Ben brought out a handful of sweets and gave it to her. "-caNDY!" She yelled in joy as she started to stuff the sugary goodness into her mouth.

 "Ah, I haven't been to the circus since I was a boy," Max reminisced. "Sounds like fun. What do you guys think?"

 "I love the circus!" Gwen said joyfully.