Episode 8: The Alliance (The ACTUAL Chapter)

"Man, I'm starving," Rose said, crossing her arms over her stomach and looking down at it as it grumbled.

 "You could say that again," Ben said, placing a hand on his stomach as it did the same.

 "Man, I'm--"

 "Still an expression."

 "Oh,"

 Looking to her right, Rose saw a pyramid of mini chocolate chip cookie boxes. Without thinking, she grabbed one and began to open it; not noticing the pyramid falling until it was too late, and Gwen was caught in its destructive path.

 "Smooth move, Rose," Gwen grumbled as she sat up.

 "Why thank you!" Rose chirped as she took a handful of cookies out of the box and put them in her mouth.

+

 "Oh, nice artwork, Ben." Max said, washing one of the Rustbucket's windows that had 'Wash Me' written in washable marker, alongside a frowny face.

 "You know, makes a statement," Ben said with a shrug as he took a handful of cookies out of the box that Rose was holding and ate them.

 Suddenly, a red van from across the street was shot at and exploded, immediately catching fire.

 "No! That's a statement!" Gwen gasped as she looked at the destruction.

 A trio of bike-helmet wearing guys with alien-tech-like guns then ran forward, and two of them began to grab the money that was flying out of the truck. The third thug, who seemed to be the leader of the group, took notice of the Quartet's staring, and quickly aimed their gun at them.

 "What are you looking at?" The thug growled,  preparing to shoot.

 "Gwen, Ben, Rose, get back!" Max shouted, pushing the Trio behind the Rustbucket as he dived in the other direction- just barely missing the shot.

 "What in the ever-lasting flame is going on out here?!" Flames' voice was heard, as he ran out of the Rustbucket still in his house cat form.

 "Got to get Grandpa out of there," Ben said, activating his watch and turning into Four-Arms.

 As Ben performed a ground punched that successfully knocked the enemy off their feet, Rose turned to Flames.

 "Flames, dragon mode - keep Mr. Max and Gwen safe!" Rose commanded, quickly accessing her pyro mode and going to help Ben.

 "You okay?" Ben asked the truck's driver, to which he was responded with a fearful scream and the man running away.

 "Huh, I wonder if that a 'yes'." Rose hummed, leaning on one foot and placing her hand on her chin.

 Suddenly the leader shot The Duo into one of the gas station's pillars, practically shattering it like glass as the two fell to the ground with a groan.

 The leader then shot at them again, and ended up causing an explosion. Hastily, Rose used her powers to absorb most of the blast, while simultaneously creating a safe-space for Ben so he wouldn't burn.

 "Ben/Rose!" Max and Gwen cried in fear.

 However, that was washed away when Ben jumped out of the smoke, landing with a punch to the ground that caused the trio of thugs to fall to the ground.

 The leader tumbled and the glass of their helmet cracked, as the two henchmen flew back, bouncing off the truck that they were once attacking and landing on the ground with grunts.

 "Hah, knew it." Flames hummed cockily.

 Picking the two goons up by the collar of their shirts', Ben pulled off their helmets, and was greeted with the glaring faces of two women.