Chapter Three

While this was going on, Maylin was already to the halfway mark of the journey. On her journey, she saw animals kind and mean, but none of them attacked her; they protect Ed her from all kinds of danger. Every time she went to sleep they guarded her and every time she moved forward in her journey the animals were not far behind. Three days later, Maylin reached the farm that lies at the base of the Mountains of Frawia. The owners of the farm, Mrs. Ella Palmer and Mr. Frodo Baggins, heard all the animals go crazy upon Maylin's arrival.

The farm consisted of horses, cattle, pigs, ducks, sheep, a sheep dog, etc. Both Mrs. Palmer and Mr. Baggins came outside to see who was approaching their home. They saw Maylin and bowed their heads in her presence saying " At last, you have finally returned to the the place of your birth ". Maylin asked them what they ment and they both told her the story of who she was and what happened all those years ago. After Maylin heard their story, she kindly asked them if they would take her or at least show her the way.

Sadly, Mrs. Palmer and Mr. Baggins couldn't leave their farm, but if one of them stayed behind for a little bit then the one that goes could show her the magic portal or doorway to the mountain's valley of cliffs and caves. Maylin could sense the hesitation in their voices and by their body language, so she told them that she will look for the door herself since they both seem to be afraid of what lies beyond these mountains. Mrs. Palmer and Mr. Baggins thanked her for now taking them to that place and apologized severely because of the fact that they can help her; its just that they are too scared. Maylin understood their situation and left after gathering some food for the rest of the journey along with their permission of course. About fifteen minutes after Maylin left the couple, she found the secret doorway that leads to the valley of cliffs and caves of the Mountains of Frawia.

The portal had lots of twists and turns in order to get to the other side of the cave's entrance. Maylin exited the cave and saw in the distance what was left of the village of Elyfelune. Upon approaching Elyfelune, Maylin was stunned because of the scene that layed before her. Elyfelune has stayed the same as it has since it was last seen by a living person; untouched. Maylin entered Elyfelune, and all the memories of the past came back; along with a vision.

The vision showed her the past about Elyfelune or the story of it, and the vision told her how Elyfelune became what it is today. After the vision was done, with a face full of the tears of Elyfelune and her own, Maylin headed back to the cave entrance in order to go back to Valfuhn. Soon after she returns home, she went and stopped at her house to let everyone know that she was home. The day after Maylin got back, she went to look for Landan and Pavel to see if they were in town somewhere or at work. When she got there, Maylin screamed bloody murder when she saw her home destroyed once again.

    Maylin walked to the center of them village and fell to her knees crying, but then she saw the gates to the Forbidden Forest open wide. As she approached the gates she remembered the warning Landan and Pavel gave her when she was six years old. Maylin gathered all her strength and courage as she hesitated for a few minutes, then went through the gates of the Forbidden Forest. The moment she walked through those gates, they both closed tightly shut behind her and disappeared from that realm. Maylin thought to herself " Was there a magic barrier just now or was it something else? ". After she entered that dark and evil place, all the memories of those who entered the forest came to her in one big hit. Once everything somewhat died down, Maylin looked around at her surroundings and got really scared for the first time in her life. Maylin knew that she was alone, but out of the forest fog came a giant wolf ( the most dangerous creature in the forest ) noticed who the visitor was and went over to comfort her; Lord and behold it worked.

   She cuddled the wolf until she calmed down enough to speak calmly. When she calmed down, Maylin asked the wolf if she would like to travel with her and help her find her people. Not long after the wolf agreed to Maylin's request a huge spider came down from the tops of the trees. The spider told them what she heard early that morning. The spider said that " King Farin's army went through the gates empty and then came back with prisoners and took them to the castle; because they wouldn't give him the girl who was called Maylin ". Maylin told her new friends the truth in who she was and the reason as to why she was in the Forbidden Forest.