Chapter One

In a realm far from our own in a village called Valfuhn, there lies a two-story tavern called Black Snake and is owned by two strong men; and there names were Landan Clive and Pavel Helton. Black Snake was not the only building Valfuhn had to offer; it had a small bakery, a pharmacy, a small doctors office which was owned by Ander Falone and Thom Ratley, a towns-hall, a medium sized school, a section of the village goes to street markets, lots of magic shops, a watch tower, and a place for the soldiers to keep watch and relax. Valfuhn was the only village that was connected by the Forbidden Forest and the Light crystal Meadow. Now I know what your thinking: " can it make crystals? " or " does it produce its own light? ". Let's just say that it makes both crystals and its own light. The meadow makes crystal flowers that once night falls; they begin to light up like millions upon millions of stars in the night sky.

The meadow stretches far and wide from east to west and for the villagers, who are early-birds can feel the nice , crisp, peaceful air in the early morning. The Forbidden Forest, on the other hand, is not a nice and peaceful place to be. The forest is filled with fear, blood, and the stench of death in the air; along with other smells that will make your skin crawl. The forest floor is filled with rotten leaves, scattered skeletons, and a heavy fog that renders those who enter unable to see a thing. There are animals both big, small, dangerous, and non-dangerous.

The animals that are not dangerous live happily in the peaceful meadow; while the ones that are dangerous live in the forest. The people of the realm believe that one day the being of legend will be born and save them all from King Farin's reign of fear and death. You see King Farin is a control freak and he wants nothing more than to destroy all who try too take away his throne. King Farin's castle lies deep within the Forbidden Forest; far beyond the forest entrance. King Farin was a shrud man because he was power-hungry, evil, mean, and he was very lonely after his Queen died after giving birth to his third son.

One day an old woman came to the Mountains of Frawia, to its valley of cliffs and caves looking for the imperial family to bring their curse of no children to an end. Upon arrival, the witch, Gleney Manglem, went to the huge red doors and they both opened wide then shut behind her. Once inside, Gleney told King Frost and Queen Avala about how she heard about their curse and how she can be of service in breaking their curse, but under one condition; they allow her to make one of their children the being of legend. Both King Frost and Queen Avala agreed to Gleney's condition and that night while King Frost and Queen Avala were asleep; Gleney had broken their curse as promised and now she had to wait for them to keep their end of the bargain.

Three years later,in the remote village Elyfelune, the Queen gave birth to four boys and one girl. Gleney came back five days later, to choose a child of her choice to become the being of legend. Gleney chose the only daughter the king and queen had for this role. Now Elyflune lies in the valley of cliffs and caves in the Mountains of Frawia, but meanwhile as Gleney was with the imperial family east of the Light crystal Meadow; an evil spy from Elyfelune, that worked secretly for King Farin of the Forbidden Forest west of the Light crystal Meadow, was on his way to report about his finds. The spy told King Farin about everything that happened since Gleney showed up and that made him very angry, so he sent his massive army to kill the child of legend. Gleney sensed what was about to take place, so she ordered the Queen to take her daughter to the village of Valfuhn and seek the help of her friends Landan Clive and Pavel Helton.

The children of King Frost and Queen Avala were born two years apart, except for the girl, she was born after her brothers turned 20 years old. The princes names were Winston Barlow, Nather Buckley, Lucas Thorne, Alan Rivers, and the princess was named Maylin. Queen Avala did what she was told and took Maylin to the village of Valfuhn, but soon after she left the castle King Farin's army attacked. They killed everyone ( men, women, children, it didn't matter ), the attack ended in bloodshed. The battlefield layed with weapons, massacred bodies of the villagers, and pools upon pools of blood.

The King and his sons fought back hard in order for their mother and sister to safely escape. Meanwhile, about ten minutes away Queen Avala hid as she watched her entire home and family were taken from her except she wasn't alone because she had her daughter that was still sleeping in her arms. Not long after the village of Elyfelune was destroyed by King Farin's army, Queen Avala heard footsteps close behind her; that sound alone made her heart sink to the ground. Queen Avala took Maylin down to the base of the mountains, by using the magic portal or doorway that was hidden in the mountain's cave system.

The portal took Queen Avala three hours away from Farin's army, so she stole a horse from a farm not far from the base of the mountains. After the long ride from Elyfelune to Valfuhn, she asked around for Gleney's friends Landan and Pavel. Avala finally found them and she told them what happened and they both agreed to help her. Once she knew that her child would grow up safe, she left her daughter to go fight King Farin himself, but she failed miserably.