steve harrington

Your laugh could be heard as it bounced off the walls of Benny's diner

Your laugh could be heard as it bounced off the walls of Benny's diner. You were out on date with Steve Harrington, the boy that everyone wanted. You stuck another fry into your mouth as you listened to Steve tell a story about a boy named Dustin and his friends. It seemed like Steve had a good relationship with the kids. Maybe you'd be lucky enough to meet them one day.

After more laughs and the occasional sip of your milkshake, you and Steve made your way to his car so he could drive you home. Slipping into the passenger seat, Steve shut your door and made his way to the drivers side. You couldn't help the smile that was making it's way onto your face as Steve sat down in his seat.

"You alright there?" Steve asked, turning to put the key in the ignition. Waiting For A Girl Like You by Foreigner started up on the radio. Your smile grew wider as you shook your head,

"Yes, i'm good." You turned your head to look out the window, too embarrassed to let Steve see the smile that was still plastered onto your face.

The silence between you and Steve was filled with the music coming from the radio. It was a comfortable silence, peaceful almost. About halfway back to your house you felt something slide into your hand. When you turned to look down you saw that it was Steve's hand.

Glancing back up at the boy, he did nothing but keep his eyes on the road, a hint of a smile on his face. Holding his hand a bit tighter, you looked back out the window.

Your house was coming up, and you had to admit, you were sad the night was coming to a end. Once Steve pulled up to your driveway, he pulled his hand out of yours and put the car in park. It was only for a second and you already missed the feeling of his hand in yours. Steve turned to you, a smile on his lips.

"I had a really good time tonight. I hope we can do this again."

You smiled, "I did too. And definitely, I would really like that."

You went to reach for the handle so you could get out of the car. Once you had a hold of it, you turned back around to thank Steve.

"Thank you fo-" Steve leaned in and his lips met yours. After a few seconds he pulled away.

"I, well thanks for tonight and that." Your cheeks started to heat up and you knew your face was turning a dark shade of pink at that moment.

"It's uh, it's no problem. I'll see you at school tomorrow, right?"

"Yeah, of course. I'll see you tomorrow. Bye Steve."

"Bye Y/N."

You smiled at him once more, and opened the door. Stepping out of the car, you shut the car door and walked towards the front porch of your house. Steve watched from his car, an affectionate look on his face as you walked up the driveway. Opening the door to your house, you turned to wave goodbye to Steve and walked inside, your cheeks still pink from the kiss that happened in the car.