malia tate

You made your way over to the bleachers, nervous for what was about to happen

You made your way over to the bleachers, nervous for what was about to happen. Spotting Malia, you could feel your pulse quicken. You had never been so nervous in your life, especially just to ask a question. Malia looked beautiful, as always. Her hair was in a messy side braid, pieces blowing in the wind as she talked to Kira who sat beside her. Finally getting close enough, but still a few feet away, Malia looked up and saw that it was you. Looking down and taking a deep breath, you looked back up and asked the question that had been on your mind for the last week.

"Lia, I really like you, and more than just a friend. And I know this is a long shot, but I have to try right?"

Your hands were shaking now. You were so afraid of being shot down, and that asking this question might even ruin your friendship with Malia.

"Will you go on a date with me?"

At this point, you were to afraid to look at her face. Peering down at your shoes, you waited for an answer from the girl in front of you. Malia stood up, which you took as the cue to look up as well. A smile formed on her face as she took a few steps forward.

"Y/N, I like you too. More than a friend, and I have for a while now. Yes I will go on a date with you."

Malia pulled you in for a hug, her arms wrapping around you tightly as you released a breath, one you didn't know you had been holding.