II

One Year Ago...

"Natsuu!" A blonde female yelled from the distance, waving her arms over her head, trying to capture the attention of a pink haired male. He turned around and flashed a grin, giving a small wave with his hand and waited for the girl to catch up. "Yo, Luce."

When Lucy finally caught up she was breathing hard and tried to bend over, finding out that it was rather difficult to do so in a tight-waisted dress. She groaned in frustration before pulling the red cloak with black lace carefully etched on the sides closer to her. Natsu was wearing long black boots, long brown skinny pants that were tucked in his shoes and a long-sleeved dark blue shirt with white droopy sleeves. Including a black cloak that hung around his broad shoulders. Not missing his scarf tying loosely around his neck.

It was in the middle of winter, not the coldest but not the coziest either. Blankets of white snow were laid carefully on the ground, the sun halfway down the mountains. Splattered blots of red and orange filled the sky as a flock of birds were heading south.

"You cold?" Natsu asked, glancing at how little the princess of Fiore was wearing.

She shook her head, "N-no, I'm fine. The same question goes for y-you." Instant guilt boiled within her stomach as she heard herself stutter. Natsu lifted an eyebrow in amusement before chuckling.

"C'mon. It ain't that cold, is it?"

"Easy for you to say who, oddly enough always stays warm in such little amount of material wrapped around yourself." Lucy muttered beneath her breath, puffs of white mist escaping through her lips.

Natsu grinned at her retort before continuing to walk through the garden and towards the castle.

"So, what did you want to say?" He asked, eyes staring straight ahead.

"Huh?"

"Weren't you calling me?"

"O-oh, well, I was wondering if you want to go the village's book store that I heard just opened around the corner." Lucy said with a hint of thrill while her eyes sparkled with anticipation. "But I guess, since my father called you over, it's gonna be a No, right?"

Natsu shrugged, "Your father said it was urgent," he narrowed his eyes, "And that Horito was asked to join too." Natsu practically growled the name of Horito Kaname, the prince of Delliago. Lucy rolled her eyes, a smile spreading across her face before realizing it.

"It ain't funny, you know."

"Jealous much?"

"W-what?!" A pink blush started to appear on Natsu's cheeks, he glanced to the other side. Looking at anything other then Lucy.

"Haha! You are jea-lous! He did confess his feelings towards me a few days ago."

"Ain't not. And he's an idiot, no match for you. Besides, didn't you turn him down? Unlike him I won't go jealous over you."

"What's that suppose to mean?" Lucy said, suddenly narrowing her eyes, staring at him with suspicion. Natsu had just babbled things to himself, saying another topic after another, loosing Lucy in their discussion.

The pink-headed opened and closed his mouth, wanting to say something then decided against it.

He groaned in frustration, pushing his hands into his pockets of his pants except... They don't have pockets. Natsu muttered something about 'habits', his hands flinging in the air as Lucy laughed at Natsu's sudden outburst.

Her attention elsewhere, she didn't notice that she had stepped on an ice spot on the floor. Giving a yelp of surprise her body twisted in mid-air, preparing to fall face-flat on the ground. Squeezing her eyes shut, she waited for the impact on her face except it never came. Instead she felt her arm being forcefully pulled back, and she bumped against the contact of someone's chest.