chapter 1

School bus pulled up by my front yard. I got in. Bus was pretty empty , so i decided to sit by the window and read a book. I put my headphones on. ( i like reading and listening to music at the same time )I got book out of my backpack and started reading. Sun was shining in my face. I was happy.

While i was reading ,i felt a light tap on my shoulder. It was Finn.

-Hey ,Jess!Can i sit here ?-he asked.

-Yeah, sure!-I friendly said and kept reading a book.

-What book are you reading?- He asked like he always do.

-Nothing much, just some old love poems,- I said beeing a little emberessed about that.

-Poetry?Seriously?!-Finn was shook.

You should read this!-He handed me a newspaper.

-A...Newspaper?-I looked at him with judging look.

-Yeah...look!Some kids have gone lost,- He seemed to be scared and worried.

-It will never happen in Jacksonwille. Relax!-I tried to calm him down.

-That's near! What if...

-Chill! That will never happen!-I stopped him in the middle of the sentence.

 -I won't be so sure about that!

-Just stop! All is ok.

He didn't talk to me until bus stopped by school.

I got out of bus and my hair fluttered in the wind. I felt Finn looking at me and i turned around.He was staring at me,but when i turned around he quickly looked away.I smiled .

We headed to school in compleate silence. I guess he was a little mad at me. As we walked into the school, Finn approached Jordan-a slightly dark skinned boy from our friend group.

-Hey,Jordan!Have you seen this?-he held the newspaper above his head.

-No! What's that?-he asked.

-what are you guys talking about?-Lucy and Tifany asked while running to us.

-Look at this !- Finn showed the newspaper to all friend group with joy in his eyes.

It took a while for all of them to read the text.

-Finn...-Lucy started-I think that will never happen here.

-Yeah..you know...this is small city..-Tifany continued.

-That's what i said!-I said looking at girls.

-I don't know about you guys..but i kinda believe it!-Jordan said.(No one knew whether he was saying it because he really thought it or because he didn't want to let down Finn.)

-Thanks!-Finn said looking a bit down.

-Hey!Don't be sad we will prove them wrong!-Jordan supported Finn.

Then the bell rang and they went to their classes.Only I was still standing there overthinking .

What if...What if they're right...

Hey!;)Thanks for reading my first story on wattpad!Hope you liked it!