Sudden

Xue Yang was walking through the door when he suddenly stopped. “Daozhang?” he called when he saw Xiao Xingchen sitting on the bench, his back on him. “Daozhang…?” he called again, puzzled. Usually when he calls, Xiao Xingchen answers him. But now… “Daozhang...?” he called, his heart beating fast as he took a step towards him. Did something happen to him? He thought, his mind suddenly went blank. “Daozhang…” he called when suddenly, a hand grabbed him and pulled him. His whole being froze and his eyes went wide. He stared at the person looking divine as his white sleeves fluttered when he suddenly moved and grabbed him.

“Gotcha!” Xiao Xingchen said and laughed, full of life.

Xue Yang stared at him in a daze. He felt like an immortal descended before him. So bright… he thought, staring at Xiao Xingchen’s smiling face.

“Huh? Are you alright? Hey?” Xiao Xingchen called when he didn’t hear him answer. Did I scare him too much? “… hey. Are you still there?” he asked as he touched Xue Yang’s arm.

That woke Xue Yang up. His face went red realizing he stared at him for a long time. “D-daozhang. I’m here.” He told him and held Xiao Xingchen’s hand that’s now on his bicep. Only, to immediately let go of it when he felt his heart beat faster than normal.

“Oh. I thought I scared you… ah! That’s the point!” Xiao Xingchen said and chuckled. “A-Qing told me earlier to pretend I’m sleeping then suddenly surprise you. I never thought… you really was scared?” he asked and smiled brightly, hopefully waiting the answer is ‘yes’.

How can he say ‘no’ with that smile? Xue Yang’s face went a shade redder. “Y-yes.” He answered, then moved his gaze away from Xiao Xingchen’s face. What the hell is wrong with me? I’m supposed to kill him! He thought, his mind and heart calmed down. His gaze went cold and he turned to him.

“Oh! I’m happy I succeed.” Xiao Xingchen said. “Thank you!” he told him and smiled, gentle.

Xue Yang felt his mind went blank again, seeing Xiao Xingchen looked like he’s sparkling and light is shining behind him. … will I still able to kill him? He thought.

He decided he’d leave things be for now… and go cook their meal.

(A/N:  I saw a fanart of XueXiao and was about to write angst when it turned this way. So, there’ll be another XueXiao… and it’s angst. Hahahahaha. 😂😂😂 thanks for reading 😊😊😊)