Opening

It's been 6 years since he's seen her face. Touched her. Kissed her.

It's been 2 years he's been clean. Jude O'Conner was an alcoholic and a drug abuser. He spent 4 long years in rehab. He spent 6 longer years without her.

"I'm glad you still trust me Jude. Are you having another panic attack?" His therapist Kelsey asked him calmly.

"Yes I- I saw her I swear." He choked out on the verge of tears. "Jude, she's not there, you're in Scotland with your family remember?"

Jude inhaled deeply. He knew that was her, he felt it.

Jude was walking downtown looking in all the bars. He remembered when he used to drink nonstop. He passed out every night with the guys.

She would clean him up and carry him to bed because she tried to believe he was still a good person. She loved him despite him being a mess and he loved her despite treating her like sh*t.

Jude sighed shaking his head from the memories, from all the regret he still carries. He heard a melodious laugh coming from a store. One he heard way too many times not to recognize.

Her curly Afro stuck out like a sore thumb in Scotland. Her dark skin outshined everyone as the sunlight hit it. He had her body memorized so well that it could be no one else.

The one who stole his entire being was here. In his homeland. With... someone else. He felt his heart tear into two. But he deserved the pain. And as soon as he saw her, she was gone.

He thought about chasing after her. He really did but his heart almost broke into watching her lean into another man's arms happy. She was happy and he wasn't the reason.

Kelsey waited for Jude to answer her. He finally sighed and agreed before hanging up the phone. Jasmine would never be in Scotland.
It was impossible.

He took in deep breaths shaking his head at his stupidity. "When are ya gonna get off your sorry arse and get your woman back or make something out of yourself?" He heard his older brother Aiden grunt.

"She's better now. With out me. And besides I have nothing else to offer, music was everything to me but it destroyed far more than it gave." Jude muttered. Aiden groaned in annoyance.

"You f*cked up Jude I won't say you didn't. But that woman was your soulmate. She meant a lot to you and she was a big part of your life. You have to heal and if that means letting her go, let her go." Aiden scolded him. Jude felt his anxiety creep up his spine.

"And Jude your love for music isn't your end. You are so much more than you think you are."

Would she hate him? Would she never want to see him again? It wasn't even her! A trip to the US is too long to travel back heartbroken!

Jude shook off his doubts. Processing his brothers words. "But after everything I did to her I couldn't face her if I wanted." A tear finally escaped Jude.

"Jude you're 28 years old. You've got all the time in the world, and you have to stop pushing her away. You need to face her if she's here and move on for you." Aiden patted his brother on the shoulder.

Jude opening his mouth to protest but Aiden gave him a look that silenced him.

"Remember to let her into your heart, THEN you can start to make it better for the both of you."

I decided to start up another one that is inspired by my favorite Beatles song!

If you want to peep all the references listen to the song and you'll find some in the book.