Rosemary

I turn around and it's him. He's looking straight at my eyes. He's saying something but I haven't heard it, I'm focused on the touch of his hand in my arm and the look on his face.

-Sorry, I didn't hear you.

-I said that I can get you any drink you want. I can get into the bar whenever I want, I'm the DJ, you know.-says him with a smile.

-Oh, thank you, but you don't really have to.-I say smiling like a fool.

-No, I feel like I have to. What do you want?

-Ice tea, please.

-What? Ice tea? Not alcohol? Wow, you are surprising me, pal.-says laughing.

-I'm not very into alcohol, but I can drink for a night, can't I?

-YAS. I'll get you Rum with Coke.

-Okay.-I say nodding and smiling.

I didn't know what that was anyway, I hardly ever drink alcohol.

-Here you are, beautiful.-says with a smile.

Beautiful. That word is echoing my mind.

-Thank you. Thank you for saying that and for the drink.-I say trying to hide myself under my hair.

-I still don't know your name. What's your name?

My name? Should I tell him my real name? Shouldn't I? Oh my god, I don't know what to do.

-My name is...-I say while looking around.-Hmmm-Is that a rose tattoo?-ROSE! My name is Rose. Rosemary, actually. But people call me Rose.

-It looks like it just came to your head,-says with a little laugh-I'm Peter. Nice to meet you, Rosemary.

-Nice to meet you too, Peter.

I look at my friends and it seems like they're looking for me.

-My friends need me, I'm going with them, bye.

-Bye, Rosemary.

I got to where my friends were. They show me how worried they were about me, but they keep dancing.

I look at the DJ cabin, he's there. But I can't make him think I'm with these girls or he'll ask them about Rose, who casually, doesn't exist.

-Girls, I'm going home. I'm feeling sick. I think it's the period.

-Oh no... I hope you get better. But anyway I want to go home too.-says one of my friends.

-Bye girls.-we shout to the others.

I feel so nervous all the way home. I don't even talk to my friend. I'm just thinking all the time, how and why?. I can't explain that. I've been convincing myself all this time that he would never notice me and look. He did.

-I'm stopping here.

-Sure, goodnight honey.

-Goodnight, I hope you feel better soon.

-Thank you.-I say as I go.

3.58 a.m. I'm at home. My parents asked me why I got here so early, I said I wasn't having fun.

I go to my bedroom, I put my pajama and clean my face.

I'm trying so hard, but I can't fall asleep. This is already a dream for me. It's unbelievable what just happened.

1.29 p.m. The first thing I do when I wake up is to look at my phone, but I bet I have nothing new, so, I'm going to have breakfast, or... lunch.

4.01 p.m. I guess it's time to look at my phone. I've got five messages. Enough messages. Everything is said just in one. What do I answer to this now?