Ensign Baker

Ensign Baker x female reader

(A/N - So just a quick note before we begin, Ensign Baker's first name was never mentioned in Turn. A lot of people call him Thomas though, so that's just what I'm going to call him.)

You had been sitting in a field reading for most of the day. It was beginning to get late and you decided that you should probably start heading home. As you began heading home a soldier called out. You turned to the direction from where the voice came from. You immediately recognized the soldier, it was Ensign Baker. You blushed a bit because you had a crush on him, "Hello Thomas, how are you?" "I'm doing quite well, thank you for asking. How are you doing Miss Y/N?" You looked up at him, "At the moment, I'm fine." You began to walk home again, but then Thomas called out to you, "Will you allow me to walk you home?" You looked around and noticed that it had been getting very dark, "Of course Thomas." You linked your arm with his and the two of you walked in a peaceful silence.

When the two of you arrived to your home, you just stood there for a moment and the you spoke up, "Thomas, would you like to stay for dinner?" You looked up at him and noticed that he was blushing, "I'd love too." You grabbed his hand and led him inside of your home. You told him to make himself comfortable while you prepared dinner. Quickly you found your cook book and decided that you would make a meat pie. After a while Thomas came into the kitchen and began to help you make dinner, "I told you to get comfortable while I made dinner." Thomas looked down at you, "I wanted to help you. It didn't seem fair to leave you to make dinner by yourself." You looked at him and smiled, "Alright Thomas." The two two of you worked silently while making the meat pie, and at some point you began to make mashed potatoes to go with it.

When dinner was done the two of you sat down at the table ready to eat. You smiled at him, "Why don't you taste it first." He looked at you and then at plate of food. He grabbed his for a took a bite of the meat pie and then the potatoes, "It's really good." You were happy that the meal had turned out well, and you began to eat too. The two of you exchanged a few words throughout the meal, but mostly ate in silence. When both of you were done eating Thomas insisted upon washing the dishes, you laughed a bit and told him that he could.

When the night was over and Thomas had to go, you decided that you would tell him about your feelings for him. You walked him to the door and before he left you began to speak, "Thomas before you go there is something that I need to tell you." He looked at you and then grabbed your hands, "Alright, go ahead." You took in a deep breath and then sighed, "Thomas I've had feelings for you ever since you arrived in Setauket." You were met with silence, and began to think that maybe telling Thomas of your feelings for him was a mistake. Thomas cupped your face and you looked up at him, "Y/N, I have feelings for you as well." You smiled and gave him a hug, "I'm so happy that you feel the same way." He pulled you in close and he kissed you passionately. You didn't want the kiss to end, but you did have to pull away for air. Thomas ended up staying at your house that night. The two of you were going to have a very beautiful future together.