Major Hewlett

Edmund Hewlett x female reader

You had lived in Setauket all of your life and now the Redcoats were here. You didn't really pay attention to any of them, except for one. Major Edmund Hewlett. To others the man didn't seem like much, but to you he was the whole world. The two of you had developed somewhat of friendship, and you two were going to be seeing each other tonight to have dinner at your house. You had been getting ready for your night with the major. You had been nervous for your night with him because you had developed feelings for him. The thought of him maybe reciprocating these feelings made you blush. There was a knock at the door, and you knew the major was here.

You straightened out your dress and quickly walked to the door. You took a deep breath before you opened the door. When you opened the door you were met with the lovely sight of Edmund, "Ah, hello Y/N. How are you on this fine evening?" You smiled a bit and looked at him, "I'm doing quite well, thank you for asking. Would you like to come in?" Edmund smiled at you, "Of course." You stepped aside to let him in and then closed the door, "So would you like to start with dinner now?" Edmund turned to look at you, "Well I was hoping that maybe we could talk for a bit." You blushed, "Sure, we can talk for a bit." The two of you walked into a different room and sat on the couch. Edmund looked at you, "Y/N there is something that I've been meaning to talk to you about." You looked down, "What is it Edmund?" You looked up at him and saw Edmund blush, "Well, what I'd like to tell you is that I have developed feelings for you." You gasped, "Really?" "Yes. I understand if you do not share these feelings. If you don't I hope that we can still carry on with our friendship."

You grabbed his hands and looked him in the eye, "Edmund I have had feelings for you since the day we met." He gently pulled his hands from your grasp and slowly grabbed your face. He pulled you in close and your lips connected. The two of you kissed for a while, however the need for air caused you two to pull apart. You pressed your forehead against his and began to speak softly, "I love you." Edmund pulled you in for another kiss, but this one was much shorter than your first, "I love you too." The two of you sat in a peaceful silence for a few minutes before you got up from the couch. You looked down at Edmund, "We should probably go eat dinner." He got up and took your hand, "Yes, we probably should." The two of you walked to your dining room and had a nice dinner. When it came time for Edmund to leave you were sad. So much had happened tonight, and you didn't want it to be over yet. You walked Edmund to the door and began to tell him goodbye, "Edmund I had a truly wonderful night with you, and I hope we can have many more nights together like this one." He smiled at you softly, "Trust me darling there will be many more nights like this one, but they will all be better." You told each other goodnight and made sure to tell each other that you loved one another. You closed the door softly and sighed, this was the start of something beautiful.