Simcoe

Simcoe x female reader

John was tucked away in the corner of the Strong Tavern, he was slowly drinking his ale and observing the movements of a new barmaid. She had shown up in Setauket not to long ago and had recently started working in the tavern. John was intrigued by the woman, she didn't talk much and she never seemed interested in interacting with anyone. He continued to drink his ale and watch the woman as she worked. Before he knew it time had passed, and the tavern was closing. John got up and he saw the woman wiping down tables. It was the perfect opportunity to talk to her.

John walked over to the woman and placed his hand down on the table that she was cleaning. The woman glanced at John and quickly looked back down at the table to avoid eye contact. "Excuse me miss, what is your name?" John looked down at the woman waiting for an answer. She continued to look down at the table to avoid his gaze. "It's Y/N." John smiled knowing that she was nervous to be around him. "I am Captain John Graves Simcoe of the-" before he could finish speaking he was cut off, "I know who you are." The woman walked away from the table and John followed close behind. "Captain Simcoe I'm sure you're a busy man, isn't there something that you have to be doing?" The woman was clearly annoyed by the fact that John was following her.

She walked to the door and headed outside, once again with John following close behind her. She turned to face him, "Is there something you need Captain Simcoe?" John looked down at the woman, "Please, call me John, and allow me to walk you home." The woman sighed in annoyance, "Alright, you can walk me home." John smiled and took the woman's arm. The pair walked in silence until they reached Y/N's home. John had stopped and turned to the woman, "So, Miss Y/N, when will I see you again." Y/N blushed at the fact that he wanted to see her again, "Well, you could stop by the tavern tomorrow, or you could just come inside and we could see a each other for just a bit longer." "I will gladly stay with you for just a bit longer."

John looked down at Y/N, and she grabbed his hand and guided him to the inside of her house. John looked around, the house was small and there wasn't much in it, but it was still nice. Y/N looked up at John, "It's my uncle's house, I've been staying with him recently. He isn't here at the moment though." John smirked at the fact that her uncle wasn't here. The two walked over to a couch and sat down. Y/N smoothed out her dress and then looked at John, "I know you've been watching me, I've seen you look at me while I'm working." John looked at her, "I guess you could say that I find you intriguing."

Y/N moved closer to him, "What makes me so intriguing?" John cleared his throat, "Well, you are very beautiful and you never seem interested in conversation." "I guess I was interested in conversation today." Y/N placed her hand on John's cheek. There was peaceful silence between the two, and then they slowly moved towards each other. John placed his lips on Y/N's. It was a short, but sweet kiss. John pulled away and placed his forehead on Y/N's, "I must go, but I promise that I'll stop by the tavern tomorrow." Y/N looked at John, "Alright, but you better keep your promise." Y/N got up from the couch and went into her room to get ready to go to sleep. John got up from the couch and walked out the door. He took one last glance at the house before walking away into the darkness.