Chapter 30

"Where are you going?" Kevin growled as he analyzed the desert road in Arizona.

For days, he and his hunters had been following the two heirs. At first, it seemed they'd head straight for Pennsylvania, but they headed south instead, and now they were steadily making their way Eastward. He didn't know whether to jump on Pennsylvania and wait for them, or to rush toward the East.

Another hunter approached him holding a dagger in his hand and chewing on some mint gum loudly. "Why don't we just forget them and head back to that valley of yours? Or better yet, show us where the other packs are."

"I want to see where Bermuda's entrance is." A female complained.

"All in good time." Kevin purred, standing to stare down the road. "First, I want that Pelisian heir, and until I get her, none of you are getting what you want."

The female hunter scoffed. "Why is that bitch so important anyway? None of this would have happened if you would've let us kill her when we had the chance!"

He snarled and rushed her. The rest of the hunters lifted their guns, fingers on the trigger. Kevin paused, his green eyes analyzing the situation. With a deep sigh, he straightened up and wiped saliva that dripped from his mouth.

"We lobains can be a bit possesive of our stuff." He explained calmly, eyeing the weapons. "She is mine to kill, and I have a very specific way that I'd like to take care of that."

"A very dubious way", the doctor chuckled diabolically. "He plans to publicize her death on a viral video. To the humans it'll be the start of a series of brutal murders, but to the children of Bermuda, it'll only be the beginning of their end."

"I just don't understand why it has to start with her." The woman stated.

Kevin smirked and stroked the side of her face with uncharacteristic tenderness. "Because of her engagement to my brother. She represents something even bigger now, and all of Bermuda will be keen to watch her. They need to see me, a Serius, get rid of her."

"And what about your brother?" Another hunter asked just before spitting tobacco out onto the floor.

"Damian is confused. I'll give him one more chance, but if he can't be convinced, the Doctor can fix him easily." He grinned his signature malicious grin. The female hunter felt her heart begin to race.

The Doctor nodded proudly, "There are ways to turn a good dog bad."

One of the trackers stood up, after careful examination of the tire marks on the road. The residue being left behind was good news for them, bad news for the heirs. They wouldn't be able to use the car for much longer.

He nodded at Kevin.

"Where?" He asked.

"They shouldn't be able to get any farther than the stateline to New Mexico."

"Perfect. Let's get off these roads and use the freeways. It'll be faster. We'll meet them there."

They filed back into their cars and trucks, anticipating the catch ahead of them. Kevin could already taste Kayla's fear, and he could smell not only her blood, but everyone's blood. Soon, the Bermuda triangle would be a sea of red, and it will all start with her.