15

Once we got out of the car I looked around to see he didnt listen to me and take me home. I turned to look at him as he took off his jean jacket and threw it on the hood of the car.

"You better stay right there and tell me what the hell is going on. You were beating the shit out of that guy that night"! I said pacing.

"That wasnt me, it was my crew". He said and I put my hand up.

"No, no you will not sit there and make this seem like it's in some romantic movie. What the hell do you fūcking do for a living"?

He rubbed his hands on his face and turned to look at the car.

"I'm not telling you anything. I'm only telling you what your allowed to hear". He said.

My sudden outburst made me clench my fingers together and made a fist. I had a lot of shitty flings in my past but this one was the icing on the cake.

"I was protecting you that night, what do you want me to say"? He said turning to face me.

I shook my head and walked closer to him.

"You had more incidents in the past Styles. Tell me now. The guys who beat that man up looked like they knew what they were doing". I scoffed.

"Its my damn business. Let's just keep it at I was protecting you". He said hitting the hood of his car.

"Bullshit. Theres more. I'm not letting this go. You may think I'm stupid but I catch on pretty fast. Why were you protecting me from that man"? I asked a bit more calmer.

His nostrils flared as he kept his gaze on me. What wasnt he telling me. Or was he actually not allowed to tell.

"Fine. You want the truth. Heres the truth. I knew that guy. He was one of my crew members. He was talking about taking you home if you liked it or not and some more valger things. He has no heart nor does he have a smart mind to understand how I get. He said some wrong things and I took care of it my way. So there. Happy". He said reaching for a cigarette.

I let his words process in my head but everytime I went to speak nothing came out. How do I know he was telling the truth? Do I actually believe him?

"Cat got your tongue or are you thinking of other ways to piss me off"? He asked rudely.

"Piss you off? How do you think I feel at this point. I was walking around thinking you were some sort of kind hearted person and then I find out your beating the shit out of people because they wanted to get in my pants". I said crossing my arms.

He took a long hit of his cigarette and blew the smoke out slowly. He placed the nicotine stick back in his mouth and let it sit on the edge of his lips.

"If you havent noticed we aren't children on a playground anymore Kate. Were adults who hold anger. Your lucky he didnt get to you. Louis and I have been watching him for months". He said.

"Wait. Louis? Hes in your crew"? I asked completely changing the path I was on. "Does Eleanor know"? I added

He threw the cigarette to the ground and walked over to me placing his hands on my shoulders.

"I'm a twenty four year old gang member. The youngest may i add. Who do you think found me love. Everybody knows about the gang. Even your tiny old grandmother who saved us on numerous occasions". He said stepping back.

"Mimi. Wait what"? I stood there completely out of the loop.

"Why else do you think I'm staying there? Your grandmother was nice enough to let me stay there until this war was over. Only if I did the labor around the house. When you guys moved in I've been going back to my place to keep distance but as you can see you and I dont know that meaning of self space". He chuckled the last part.

"I cant believe this". I said rubbing my forehead. "So what does this mean. Your gonna be my bodyguard"? I asked stepping back.

"No. But I will keep an eye out even if you like it or not". He smirked.

"I got something better. Keep me out of your little gang and just let me have peace. It was nice knowing you". I said walking off but he caught my arm.

"You got people looking for you because of the back stories. I wouldn't feel so safe just yet". He said walking us back to the car.

Once he got in I stood outside of the car and rubbed my arms. The weather was getting colder and I left my coat in the car. If I followed his orders now he would expect that in the future.

"Get in the damn car". He said.

I shook my head and he sighed getting out.

"Get in or I'll shove you in". He said.

I shook my head again and stood my ground. After all that I didnt even want to be around him.

"Fine. Have it my way". He said picking me up.

Before I could process he had me in the backseat laying on top of me.

"Now stay. I gotta make a call before I leave". He said patting my thigh and shutting the car door.

I watched him walk over on the side and pull his phone out. I can't believe this is happening to me. I mean why cant I have one of those cute flings where they fight for love. No I get the mafia series and a handsome British boy.