2

The smell of bacon woke me up. I grabbed my phone off the side table and groaned. It was only eight. I sat up and rubbed my eyes. I slid my legs over and stood up. Feeling all the muscles crack and I yawned. Walking over to my mirror and placing my contacts in each eye. My bare legs showed goosebumps and my stomach tensed. This was the beginning of my anxiety attack. I quickly ran over to the drawer next to my bed and took out my small blue pill. I chugged the rest of thr water I had there and stayed still. Why is it always me? I finally calmed down and walked out and down to the kitchen. My grandma was in her usual housecoat and slippers. She gave me a smile as I walked over to the couch.

"You hungry dear? I got breakfast making now". She said.

"Mom I thought I told you no food making if nobody was around". My mom said as she walked down the steps.

"I didnt make anything honey. Harry did. He literally just left". She said.

Harry was here?

"Oh. Okay then". She smiled getting a cup of coffee for herself.

"He's coming back in a bit. He said he had to go run some errands". She said picking up the paper.

Errands. there is literally nothing around here to do..

I smiled and took a bite of my bacon and my mouth was in awe. Why did this taste so good to me? Don't get me wrong I had bacon before but this tasted different. It was sweet. I took another bite as I seen my dad and Mike walk down the steps.  They were both in long overalls and hats. My dad was putting his gloves on as he looked at my plate and smiled.

"Oh bacon. Thanks Jan". He said.

She giggled and touched her hair curlers. "I didn't make anything. It was Harry". She smiled.

"Well that boy sure knows how to cook". My dad said putting the other glove on.

"Well Mike and I are off. Were going to get a tree". He added.

My grandmas eyes lit up like she was a little girl again. My dad and mom would always bring us to see my Grandma and Grandpa and it was always a tradition to go and cut down a tree to have it for Christmas.

"Ohh pick a big one please Mark. I want this to be the best Christmas ever"! Her small frame cheered.

"Anything for you Jan. Aright Mike are you ready"? My dad asked.

Mike stood up from the couch and smiled. He walked over to my dad and they both walked out. I hope they are okay. The weather is getting bad. My grandma stood up as my mom walked down the steps.

"Okay, Mom are you ready"? She asked.

"Wait where are you guys going"? I blurted out.

My Mom buttoned up her coat as my grandma walked back into the kitchen fully dressed putting her hat on.

"Shopping. We will be back in a bit. We want to get some things before the storm hits. We're in for alot of snow". She said.

I sighed as they both grabbed what they needed and walked out of the door. Once again I was alone and this time it wasn't even in my own house. I looked at the clock and it wasn't even noon. 

I could go and shower and relax. It's been a while since I had time to myself.

I took my last bite of the bacon and placed the dirty plate in the sink. I'll just get that cleaned up when I'm done with my shower. I walked up the old wooden steps to my new room and searched for a towel. Once I grabbed what I needed I walked into the shared bathroom I had with Mike and set my things down. I quietly hummed as I waited for the water to warm up. I stripped down only to garmets and threw the clothes in the laundry bin. I reached over to check the water again and it was colder. I groaned and grabbed my pink robe off the back of the door and walked out of the bathroom. I walked downstairs into the kitchen and turned the faucet on to test that water and it was the same. I stood still for a second to regain my composure and took a deep breath. I walked around searching for the water tank but found nothing, only the electrical box. I sighed and walked back into the kitchen and seen another door.

The basement I assume.

I walked over to open it and the smell of dust hit my nose.
I coughed and continued my way down.

I know what your thinking. Why the hell would she go down there? Yes I've seen scary movies like this. And no it's not that kind of struggle. With little light coming through the worn out blankets covering the window. I managed to find the tank in the other room and just as i expected. I have no idea what I'm looking at. There were nobs that were color coated and the colors didnt even match. I knew from watching my dad how to check it but this time things were different. I began to shiver as I remembered I was wearing literally nothing under this. Just as I went to touch the tank someone's cough made me jump.

"Janet"? A raspy voice questioned.

"Um, not Janet". I replied only to see a pair of eyes staring at me. Great...

"Do you need something"? He asked walking over to me.

I nodded and pointed to the water tank as he chuckled. He was very tall. His hair was styled nicely as his black jeans and grey shirt stuck to his body. His black boots, stained with paint and mud.

"And"? He said crossing his arms. Waiting for my reply.

"Okay I would like to shower, but it's only ice cold water. No hot". I said mimicking his actions.

"Upstairs bathroom take a while longer to heat up. The pipes are probably frozen. I'll go fix it". He said. Clearly hearing the accent.

"I see. Okay then". I said walking away from him.

"Nice robe by the way, but just remember you have a stranger living here too. Wouldn't want mimi to catch me taking a peak at her granddaughter now would we"? He said.

His words made me feel disgusted as I flicked him off and walked back up the steps.

Was that Harry?

If so I'm screwed...

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

YAY!!!! SOOO.... HOW DO YOU LIKE IT SO FAR???

This is my first Harry story so I'm kind nervous. I just hope you guys like it. Next update tomorrow!! Love you all

♡Kate