George Weasley x Reader: Bet part 2

It had been 4 years since you'd been with George. Today the two of you were visiting Charlie in Venezuela. Where he was with two baby Arida Caeli dragons. You were thinking of going into the field of dragon taming with Charlie. George thought it was too dangerous, so you'd written to Charlie to ask. He'd invited the two of you to stay for the weekend and see if it was dangerous.

As soon as you'd seen the baby dragons you'd wanted to hold them. "What're their names Charlie?" 

"The girl on right is Rita and her twin is Kayley. They're both girls." He answered with a smile. 

George stood in a shaded corner with a judgemental scowl on his face. You went to pick one up and he grabbed your wrist, "No!" 

You looked back at him in bewilderment "George! I am old enough to take care of myself! I've faced much worse than a pair of baby Arida Caeli." 

George looked to Charlie, his grip on your wrist not loosening, "Are they dangerous?" 

"Not with these gloves." He said handing two mermaid scale gloves. 

You slipped them on and glared a George as you picked up Kayley. 

"How old?" You asked Charlie.

He smiled at you again, "Why don't you try and guess?"

You scratched Kayley's chin thoughtfully "I'd say about three weeks."

"Three weeks and four days to be exact." Charlie told you impressed. "You'd be a great addition to the team." George's scowl deepened. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

One year later

You had decided that dragon work wasn't your thing. But you were still a little unsure of what your "thing" was. Today you were job shadowing at St. Mungo's. Your friend, Alma Lewis worked here for 6 years. 

"Y/n! Nice to see you here on a happy occasion. What inspired you to take a leap in the medical world?" She asked.

"I've been a floater for a while now. I thought maybe this would be the field for me." 

"All good. First we're going to be checking up on Mr Quinn. It's been about a week after his surgery. Can you help me bring his lunch."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Two years later

You stepped into Hogwarts, it was good to be home. After working at St Mungo's for two years, you needed a change of scenery. Hogwarts was the scenery you wanted to see. After many years as Hogwarts' head nurse, Madame Pomfrey was retiring. You had applied for the job as soon as Alma had told you about it. She had been offered the job, but she was very attached to her work at St. Mungo's. After all, she had found a man there and who wouldn't want to work with their husband? She had told you of the job and recommended you for the position. You had gotten the job and it was perfect. 

George had come to visit before school started, he told you to meet him in the boys' dormitory. Five new names were on the plaque above the door. That meant their were five new kids taking place in Fred, George and Lee. George was already waiting, his back to the door. "Y/n, I was just thinking about how we got together in this room." He told you.

You blushed, every time you thought of your memories with George you felt like a fifth year again. 

"Y/n, we've been together a pretty long time now. I have thought about this a lot. It's not just a moment of pure insanity. I really love you. I love how your smile turns up more on one side than the other and the way that your beautiful h/c hair falls in your face. The way your eyes sparkle when you talk about things you love. You're so unique and smart and kind and fun. I want to spend the rest of my life with you." George took both your hand in his. "It's been really hard for me since the battle, and I realize that I tried to shut you out. But you make me feel so happy. It's the best feeling in the world when I'm with you, I was waiting until you go a stable job. I think this is it. So Y/n M/n L/n..." he pulled out a velvet box in your favorite color, opening it to reveal a beautiful ring. "Will you make me the literal most happiest man in the universe and marry me?" 

You tested up, "Yes." You said through heavy excited breathes, "I love you so much George!" You said as he picked you up and twirled you around, hugging you tightly to him.

"Just wait until I get used to working here before the wedding okay?"

"Anything as long as you're mine." 

You went to pull away and he hugged you tighter. Dejavue filled you as he squeezed you, "Just a little longer.