26. instructions (filler)

Start from the beginning

I rolled my eyes, "What else?"

"Try ignoring him lightly. But don't be rude or ignore him completely. If he talks to you, like I said before talk to him. If he ever texts, don't text back immediately. Talk to him when you can, but don't go out of your way to talk to him. Once in a while, subtly mention my name in a conversation. Oh, that'll get him real good," Kaleb laughed.

"Oh God, how are you a guy, Kaleb?" I chuckled.

"I wonder, but moving on, you shouldn't be a total jerk, really. Just keep your convo quick. Second to the last and more importantly, you like this guy, alright, so don't try to make him jealous for too long. The goal is to let him realise he wants you, so we'll keep this on for two weeks."

I nodded. "Two weeks, alright."

"And last but most importantly, don't make all these too obvious. Don't go too far out of your way to let him know you don't exactly need him which isn't true. Also, over doing it can be a turn off. Do it all subtly," he let out a breath. "Got it?'

I hugged him tightly.

*****

After the repeat history test the next day, I turned to look at Harper who was grinning.

"What's got you so excited, you rabbit?" I asked her.

She tucked some strands of hair behind her ear, still smiling. "Okay, I know you saw me Friday night."

"In the room with that guy? Yeah, she did," I nodded.

"That guy? That was Jace."

My eyes widened, "Really?"

"Yes!" She squealed. "You look so surprised."

"Well, yeah. I mean, I'm not exactly surprised, it's just that I didn't know you were together or anything because last I remember, you didn't even have the courage to walk up to him."

"Actually, we kinda got off talking on Friday."

My eyebrows furrowed. They got off talking on Friday and ended up in a room making out on Friday? Oh wow. I kept my thought to myself, but only voiced out, "Wow."

"He says we should hang out," she had such a wide smile on her face, I had to smile.

"Really?" Could he really like her? If he did then I was genuinely happy for her.

"Yep, and he says I'm really cute."

"He isn't lying," I said.

She sighed dreamily and then said, "So, what did you get up to that night?"

I shrugged, "Not much. I didn't feel like being at the party so I ended up on the stairs."

She looked surprised, "Through out?!"

"No," I chuckled. "I had Logan to talk to."

"Speaking of Logan, I think he likes you."

No shit Sherlock.

We walked down the hallway few minutes later and Harper turned to me, "Do you want to do something after school?"

"I'd love to, but you know, work and all."

"What do you do at this work of yours?"

"I'm mostly behind the counter. It's a pretty decent job."

She shrugged, "I've never really had a job. Except the one I had for a day."

"This one's my first job," I said then laughed, "And how on earth did you work only for a day?"

"I may or may not have mixed up a lot of orders, which by the way, wasn't entirely my fault. We weren't allowed to use notepads or anything. I was only 14."

"Whoa, why did you have to work at such a young age?"

She shrugged again, "Things were quite hard for me and my mom for a while. I wanted to help in a way."

"What of your dad?" I threw a quick glance at her.

"Heaven knows."

"I'm sorry about it," I said quietly.

She chuckled then waved a hand in the air, "It's not your fault. Quite honestly, I'm happy he's not with them. How about your family?"

"My dad and mom live not too far from here, but I live with my brother."

"Really? Is he in this school?"

"No, he's out of university, in fact."

"I bet he's hot."

I chuckled, "Shut up."

*****

"Oh, you can kiss my ass," I said to Kaleb as I got down from his car.

He laughed, "Have a good day at work, Rae."

"You're not coming with me?" I asked him.

"For what?"

"Well, we have a plan?" I rolled my eyes.

"You opened up to River on Friday, which kinda leaves a hint that you like him, then you show up on Monday with another guy. How does that sound to you?"

"Ooh," I said in realisation.

"Exactly. So go in, try to stay busy and don't forget the other stuff I told you."

"Yeah, okay," I nodded.

"So, what are you still waiting for?" He had an eyebrow raised.

"Shut up, you douche."

Then I turned, letting out a breath. I had to do this.

What do you think about Harper?

This was kinda like a filler chapter. Updates will be slow next week because I'll be starting university and have to get ready.

Don't forget to comment, vote and follow me!