Chapter 1

The first couple chapters were really bugging me so I went back through and changed it. Don't know I'll be making future changes again, but for now this is it. Hope you enjoy!
______________________
Harry's POV

She actually did it. Umbridge actually resorted the entire school.

It was hard to believe, seeing who the headmaster is and everything, but the Ministry has the power to take over the school and do what they are fit to it. They don't care how damaging or horrific their decisions may cause. They just care that they remain in power, that no force becomes greater than them.

Ironic, considering they won't even acknowledge that Voldemort is back and ready to take control over everything once again.

How blind people of power seem to be that they can't even see what's in front of them, the obvious signs staring at their face.

The fact Dumbledore had allowed it to go so far baffles me. I know he was getting on the Ministry's nerve, prancing around the Voldemort is back and everything for a good cause. To hopefully get them to listen, but I don't think he even stopped to think what would happen to the students at Hogwarts, the control the Ministry would enact.

Umbridge smirked at the front of the room, standing where Dumbledore normally did.

Each of us sat at our new designated house.

Ron and all the other Weasley's remained in Gryffindor, to their relief, but Hermione and I got the short end of the stick.

She was placed in Ravenclaw and me in Slytherin. I first thought she would be fine, Luna is over there, there will be someone she knows, but even Luna got move to Hufflepuff and felt very out of place. She seemed more spacey than normal.

I sat at the very end of the table, my foot tapping impatiently for this disgusting pink pig to stop talking and to let me disappear for awhile.

I was getting these awful glares from several people in the room, not just Slytherins. It was making my skin crawl.

I was used to being stared at, even being hated, but this was just different. It made me feel disgusting and ashamed.

Probably the very thing Umbridge was looking for. I couldn't help but notice her gaze drift to mine from time to time.

"I hope you understand what the Ministry is trying to accomplish. Only a perfect school can create perfect students." She sat back down. Everyone was too disgusted to respond and chose silence as the best option.

Dumbledore clapped his hands and food appeared before us.

I was far from hungry.

"Harry Potter." A Slytherin sneered. "I guess we know the Ministry has been right all along. Nothing but an attention seeker, completely deranged under the misleading eyes of Dumbledore."

I ignored the girl's comment, focusing on what Hermione said only several moments ago.

"What's going on here!?" Ron asked, worry and anger in his voice.

"It means that the Ministry is trying to take control of Hogwarts. Harry, I think she's doing this because of you," Hermione responded, but there was no accusatory tone behind her words, just merely theoretical.

"What do you mean?"

"Think about it. If she splits you apart from the rest of your friends, then there's less likely of a chance of you going against the Ministry and you won't be able to convince others that you know who is actually back! They're trying to cover it up even further by isolating and shunning you!" She exclaimed.

I grew pale at the notion.

She's not wrong. After everything the Ministry has done since the end of last year, I know for a fact they are trying to tear us down.

Umbridge being here proves that further. I remember her being there at my trial, wanting to prove me guilty of using magic in front of a muggle without being a life or death situation.

She is just as rotten as Fudge, I've come to learn. Or if not, then surely worse.

"Such a masquerade you've pulled, Potter. Did you kill Cedric Diggory to further your fame? How ashamed your pathetic parents would be," another Slytherin said.

"Shut up!" I yelled, my blood boiling. They can insult me, attack me, make a fool of me, but they don't get to say anything about Cedric! They weren't there! "You don't know anything! I watched Voldemort murder Cedric in cold blood, you don't get to justify anything you know nothing about!"

"Ooh, it seems I've touched a soft spot about your boyfriend. Oh, sorry, ex boyfriend. I doubt you can date him now that he's dead, no thanks to you," he said.

My face turned red and my breathing became unsteady. I stood and pointed my wand at the Slytherin. "Don't you dare insult Cedric. You weren't there, you don't get to make a comment. So I suggest you shut it before I hex you."

I left the Great Hall in a hurry, sick and tired by the comments. I can handle any aimed towards me, but when they bring Cedric into this, that's when I'm done. No one will never understand what it was like in that graveyard. To watch them call Cedric a spare and kill him without hesitation. For him to appear only moments later with my parents, asking me to take his body back.

There is nothing that compares.

Hot salty tears ran down my face as I ran to the one place I knew I wouldn't be found, where people wouldn't dare to look.

It was stormy, the rain hitting the windows heavily when I wrenched the doors open and entered the storm. I went to the tree near the lake, not caring how soaking wet I was or how cold the rain and wind felt. I just didn't care anymore.

Being here, at Hogwarts, in Gryffindor with all my friends. It was the only thing keeping me going. It's the only reason why I'm not dead and in the matter of an hour, it's been taken from me.

Everything.

I have no purpose left. If I'm a Slytherin, then I'm just like Voldemort. No one will trust me, my friends probably won't talk to me and it's not like I have a home to go to.

I'm nothing. And I feel like I'm suffocating all over again. Just like I do Everytime I'm with the Dursley's.