\\CLOSE TO YOU\\

__

After an hour of sitting alongside Zero, Five had wrapped her in his own bed comforter. She'd fallen asleep after sitting in utter silence right in the centre of the Ice-box Five had set the temperature to drop when they'd entered only knowing because of Klaus who by no means had the intention to have overheard them talking to one another.

So quietly did Five close the main door to the room, exiting to go up stairs. He had to let her rest on her own just mildly hoping she wouldn't leave him again. Five thrived his small frame forcing himself hastily to have moved into the living space, where at this point only held Vanya.

He'd set himself in front of the photo holding not just him but Zero alongside him. The picture had been painted in honour of the two after their disappearance. His heart strings pulled at how beautiful the girl he'd only been with seconds ago, she was elegant even after so long she still remained head-strong and witty.

Those were what he fell for.

"Nice to know dad didn't forget us." Vanya had made her way next to Five gazing her own eyes up in the direction of the two people she'd searched and pleaded to have back.

"Read your book by the way, found it in a library that was still standing."

Five moved his position to gaze his eyes around their living room as if inspecting it.

"Thought it was pretty good, all things considered. That and the long set of pages you'd filled with Zero." Five could only chime sarcastically.

Balling on his heels, Vanya watched curious to how someone she once knew had changed completely. Yet the vessel he'd been in was the kind soul she'd once knew.

"Let's not forget, giving up the family secrets definitely ballsy might I add." Five paused moving his gaze to fall on Vanya set behind him.

"Sure that went well."

"They hate me." She'd admitted.

Five 'clicked' his tongue against the bridge of his mouth, at her reply yet found himself sighing at her response.

"Oh, there are worse things that can happen."

"You mean like what happened to Ben?" Vanya retorted back so gentle did her voice beam yet so much hurt he could fell from it.

Fives, eyes trailed along Vanya's features taking in a lot of what he couldn't look over beforehand.

"Was it bad?"

Vanya nodded her hands clasped together behind her back, Five leant back on his own feet taking in a deep breath before he himself spoke.

"Are you going to tell her?" Vanya cut in before he could. Leaving him to stop in his tracks, stuck with what she'd meant.

"What are you talking about?" His reply slipped smoothly, whilst Vanya only pushed for her lips to crease up into a thin line. Weary of what lurked in this young boys brain.

"About liking her for so long? Does she know about Delores?"

"I don't know who and or what you're referring to here but I'd like for you to stop whatever it is."

Five, made his way for the bar bench, sitting in the stall he'd left moments ago. Vanya trailed behind him knowing the intention that he did not want to talk about his feelings. I mean as kids he never did, he hated the fact that Zero, was the sweetest yet this weird, unique all that you can imagine intellect he'd come across.

"Five, it's been so long since you and Ze-"

"Left/disappeared, don't you think I know that." So quickly did Five narrow his attention to Vanya who only took a step back flinching at the change of tone that he'd used on her.

"I-I sh-I'm trying my best to have her under control, We just need for her to adapt here with us, I came here for a reason and I can't bare to los he-all of you again." Five sighed grumbling to himself, his hands fell into his palms whilst his eyes shut close.

"Now, I came up here to ask." With a loud harsh breath, Five retorted his gaze to Vanya who was set leaning against the couch with a small half smile.

"Did Luther sort out the ceremony plans for tonight or do we have to postpone it?"

Vanya, stood up nodding repeatedly on her heels.

"Ye-yes the uh ceremony starts at six so uh really soon, I guess." Five moved to position himself off of the chair, strolling his body to have exit the living room.

"Great, I'll get Zee for it."

But before he could move any further out of the room, Five couldn't help but to answer her previous set of questions.

"And no she doesn't know."

__

Meanwhile, Klaus had found his way to the ice-box after Five had left the small girl to rest, he took that as an opportunity to have see his sister. It was as if it were yesterday in which for Zero it was but for Klaus it wasn't. He felt the sharp memory to when he'd only been called down to retrieve her for dinner. That horrid day destroyed him. Cut his life in half when she disappeared yet there she was.

In the same exact position he'd found her that day. Her head had been set on the pillow Five had given, her eyes were shut and face pale. Klaus pushed on the metal door handle shoving forcefully to have open. With a loud click he'd peaked his head into the cold room only to have shivered at how cold it had gotten.

"Jesus, I will not get use to that." The comment caused a small whimper to escape the pixie girl.

"Mhm mom?"

Klaus, fell to the cold floor pushing away the cold thoughts all at once. His hands fell on the girls face, his breathing hitched at the feeling and his eyes watered at the sight.

"Oh, how I've missed you dear sister."

Zero soon enough found her body to have awoken, her eyes fluttered at the sight of Klaus. No words were exchanged just soft stares. Zero wasn't at all frightened far from it. She had to wrap her head around the fact that this was real and that she wasn't dreaming, she had to deal with it. All of it.

"Klaus?" Her gentle whisper sent Klaus to pout before he'd pulled her into him for a strong hug in which she returned tightly.

"Y-yep, it's m-me."

Everyone lost something that day, Zero meant more to all of them big or small it was 'something'

Ben 'lost' his best friend.

Klaus 'lost' his sister.

Diego 'lost' his backbone.

Allison 'lost' her hope.

Luther 'lost' himself.

Reginald 'lost' his daughter

And last but not least.

Five and Vanya 'lost' their first love.

__