Chapter Sixty

JISUNG SIGHED; AFTER HIS ADRENALINE RUSH HAD PASSED, HIS ANKLE HAD BEGUN TO THROB, AND he'd barely moved from his spot against the far wall of the room. He'd lost count of how many days had gone by, and the only source of light he had in the basement was that of the sun streaming in through a small window.

He blinked tiredly, and hoisted himself to his feet, wincing as he put pressure on his ankle, but it was manageable. He stumbled over to the window, and looked up, wondering if he'd be able to get out through it. It was too high for him to reach, and he suddenly found himself wondering why he hadn't thought of escaping through the window sooner.

Maybe it was his stress messing with his thought process.

He stepped back, eyes scanning the basement in search of anything he could use to boost himself up the few inches he needed, but it was pretty bare. He'd never realized that his parents really didn't use the basement for any use in particular.

He sighed, running his hands down his face as what was the best escape plan he'd managed to think up ended up fruitless. A short, quiet yap pulled his attention away from the window, and up to the top of the stairs, on the other side of the door.

He dragged himself up the stairs – with slight difficulty – and sat down, a small smile gracing his face. "Hey, boy," he cooed, and he heard the excited sniffing of Cocopuff through the crack under the door. His eyes watered, and he sniffled softly.

He really needed to hug his dog right now, to have some sort of comfort in this cold, dark basement, to keep his mind from worrying too much about Minho. He had his family with him, but he was dying to know if he'd woken up, at least.

He'd never cursed himself more than when he'd realized that he didn't have his phone on him when he'd first been thrown in. His bad luck was seemingly piling up, day after day, and it was starting to dishearten him.

He leaned his head against the door and closed his eyes.

~#~#~#~#~#~

Felix chewed on his nails as he sat on his bed, staring down at his phone which laid a few inches away from him. He was starting to worry about his best-friend, and he knew that he just had to reassure himself that everything was fine. If not for him, then for Minho.

He picked up his phone and shook his head to rid himself of those thoughts, sighing softly. You're probably just overthinking things. At least he'd be sure.

"SUNGIE":

[Hey, I noticed you haven't been going to school lately, and I'm starting to worry

Are you okay?]

He set his phone down, and leaned back against the headboard of his bed. No matter how hard he tried to distract himself, he still found himself checking to see if there had been a reply to his text every few seconds.

When it finally came, he jumped up and scrambled to open his phone.

[Yes.]

He bit his lip, his thumbs hovering over the digital keyboard helplessly as he tried to formulate anything that would give him the reassurance that Jisung was fine.

[Ok just making sure

Remember that thing I needed your help with?

The one with Minho's new girlfriend I mean]

[Yeah, what about it?]

It was almost as though he'd stopped breathing, and he could barely hear anything over the thundering sound of his heart beating in his ears. That's not right. His blood seemed to freeze in his veins as he sat there, unmoving, staring at his screen until it flickered off in shock.

Jisung would never say that – it doesn't make sense.

[He was thinking about getting her some flowers and taking her on a picnic

What'd you think?]

He closed his phone and practically flung himself out of his bed as he hurried to get to the main hall. He pulled his hood up over his head as he walked along the many roads and sidewalks that would lead him to his destination.

When he finally stood outside of the Han residence, he knocked loudly on the door, taking a step back and flipping his hood off so he'd be recognizable.

"Hello, Mrs. Han," he smiled as he stood there, hoping that his suspicions weren't conveyed through his eyes. "I'm really worried about Jisung, he's been missing a lot of school lately," he continued, taking a step closer as if he was trying to shake off her cold regard.

"I hope you wouldn't mind if I talked to him for a bit, just to fill him in on this really, really important project in English class. It's worth thirty percent of our final grade, and I'm sure he wouldn't want to be caught at the last minute doing it and getting a bad mark." He watched Mrs. Han's reactions, because one thing he knew about her – and her husband – was that she was obsessed with high grades.

"That won't be necessary," she replied curtly, her tone clipped and stern as she attempted to close the door in his face once more when he stopped it, stepping a bit further into the house. "Excuse me, Felix, but this is uncalled for." She glared, and he met her eyes as obliviously as possible.

"This is very important Mrs. Han, I'm sure you understand." He took another step forward, and could now see over her shoulder and into the eerily empty house. He saw a door against the far wall which Cocopuff was nestled up against, leaning its head against its paws, wide awake, almost as if it was waiting for something.

It looked up and tilted its head when it noticed Felix, before jumping up and hopping around the door before attempting to dig underneath it. The Pomeranian looked up at him again as it halted its movements and began to paw the door once more.

When Mrs. Han noticed where his eyes were directed, she stepped into his line of sight and promptly proceeded to push him out of the house, and he didn't resist. He hoped with all the information he'd managed to acquire, he'd be able to convince his mother that something fishy was going on.

He was determined to figure out where Jisung had gone. 

A/N: I'm focusing so much on Felix lately loooool

Also thoughts?

Q: If you were to write a story based on or inspired by Stray Kids' songs, which one would you choose, why, what ship would you write about, and how would the story go? (courtesy of OCT0617)

A: Funny that you ask me this, because a few weeks ago I was scrolling through my Stray Kids Amino and found a writing challenge which was one of those "Screenshot" type things where what you screenshot determines what you write. Anyways, I never ended up doing that because I read over content guidelines and realized I'd be banned for "sensitive content" (because I'm an angst writer, what can I sAY).

Anyways, the song was Mirror (this would be very, very loosely based off the song because it would be bleh to write a story STRICTLY following the amazing lyrics--), and the ship would be Chanlix. In the story, Felix wakes up from a comma (idk why he was in one yet lmao I was just brainstorming when I thought of this), but he can't remember a thing, not even his boyfriend Chan *cri*. He's left struggling with his relationships with everyone in his life, and he doesn't know anything about the person he was other than what everyone else has told him. Like he's not... him *swag*

Lots of love,

~Junnie

P.S: I was listening to Grenade by Bruno Mars while I was picking a new pic for this chapter, and I ended up scrolling through all the pics for all the chapters (they're in a folder together), and  I teared up a little 'cause boos we've made it so far since September this is making me emotional ;-;