Chapter Eight

JISUNG LEANED AGAINST HIS HAND AS HE BOREDLY POKED AT HIS FOOD. HIS FRIENDS WERE indulging in a vulgar conversation about boobs and shit, and usually Jisung would've pretended to be interested, but today was different.

He just couldn't seem to bring himself to pretend; in a way, he was tired of pretending. Would they hate me, too if they ever found out? He wondered. He realized that the answer would be most likely. His friends – apart from Felix – had never involved themselves on an emotional level with one another.

And frankly, he wasn't sure he wanted them to. His friends weren't exactly the best choice he could've picked. "What's up, fag?" One of them hollered, and Jisung realized just how good he'd gotten at masking his flinches, too.

The boy they were addressing – a freshman, a year below them – visibly flinched, pulling his bottom lip in between his teeth as he stilled. From where he was sitting, he could see the tears of dread welling up in the boy's eyes.

Jisung wanted to say something – he really did – but he remained rooted to the spot, his glare on his food harshening. I'm just a coward, he thought bitterly, as he heard one of his friend's chairs scraping against the ground.

His jaw clenched, and he heard the boy let out a muffled cry and what was obviously the sound of a tray clattering to the floor. "Why're you looking at us, huh? You fantasizing about us like the gay piece of shit that you are?" Jisung dared to look up, seeing three of his friends circling the poor boy, who was now trembling, food splattered all over the front of his shirt.

People looked, but said nothing; they knew it would only end badly for them. The boy – Yang Jeongin – spluttered out an undecipherable response, and it only seemed to anger his harassers further.

The strawberry blond couldn't understand why; why they had to be so horrible to a kid. To anyone at all, for that matter. "Hey, guys–" He began quietly, but it fell on deaf ears. His eyes widened when he noticed that they shoved him into a nearby table.

Jeongin's face contorted in pain as his back slammed against the corner, and Jisung saw that they were ready to get another hit in. "Touch him again and I'll kill you." The voice took everybody by surprise, leaving them all with dropped jaws.

Felix could hardly believe his eyes – Minho now stood in front of Jeongin, his eyes narrowed in a deadly glare. He'd hardly realized what he'd done, only that it angered him. He hadn't felt angry at anyone but himself in a long time.

It was a change from the usual emptiness that consumed him, and he wondered whether or not it was a good thing.

His eyes slid over in Jisung and Felix's direction, and he tried not to feel too disappointed. You knew it was too good to be true. He knew that people weren't genuinely nice to people like him – it was all an act, clearly. Because if Jisung had truly been sincere in his concern for the older, he would've stepped up for Jeongin; wouldn't he?

Once again, it had barely occurred to him what he'd done until after he'd done it. A pit of dread formed in his stomach as he realized that he'd just drawn unwanted attention his way, and he'd threatened somebody. If that didn't scream that he was a 'gang member', he didn't know what did.

He knew there would be serious repercussions to what he'd just done, but decided to dwell on it later. Right now, he'd finish what he'd started. He pulled the boy to his feet and practically dragged him out of the cafeteria.

Jeongin was paralyzed in fear, and it seemed that despite what had happened, he, too, believed in the rumours people spread about him. Minho didn't let it affect him; he knew it would happen.

He was used to it. Right?

He headed towards his locker and opened it, pulling out his unused gym T-Shirt. He always skipped that class; he never saw the use of it. He held it in the direction of the boy, who took it and squeaked a "thank you" before dashing away.

Minho sighed, and leaned his head against the locker; now he could think about what would undoubtedly happen in the near future.

~#~#~#~#~#~

Sure enough, Minho found himself seated in the principal's office, his parents on either side of him. "I hope you understand that threatening someone's life is not something we tolerate in this school." The old man's voice was stern and unforgiving, and Minho could feel his parents' glares on him.

"We have no choice but to give you momentary suspension so you can reflect on your actions." He knew there was no point in arguing, or attempting to explain the situation – nobody would care enough to listen, anyways.

"We'll see you again in one week, Mr. Lee." The principal narrowed his eyes at the senior, who nodded numbly. He quietly got in the seat behind his parents, who didn't say anything, until they reached home.

"Seriously, Minho, what has gotten into you?" His father started, not even looking in his son's direction. He remained quiet, and his father exhaled slowly. Minho knew that he'd put a large strain on them ever since his accident, and he knew they were trying to contain their anger so it didn't set him off.

If anything, it was a reason to hate himself even more.

I'm a disappointment. And he knew it was true; he could see it in their eyes, even though their lips were sealed shut.

A/N: Homophobes can honestly suck my ass. Jisung's friends are cows, just sayin' ^-^

Q: What would your rank be in a wolf pack?

A: weLL according to this quiz I just took (don't judge me) I am a... Sigma wolf. For those of you who (like me) have nO idea what that is, it's the... tutors of the pack? They spread knowledge throughout the pack and are well respected since it's a high position *dying of laughter* I mean it's accURATE because gUESS whose job is to be a tutor? 0.0 Betcha didn't see that coming *dabs*

Lots of love,

~Junnie