Chapter Forty-Eight

"SORRY?" JISUNG QUESTIONED, TILTING HIS HEAD CONFUSEDLY. HE'D ZONED OUT, AND HAD ONLY caught onto the last syllable that left Minho's mouth, but he felt as though it was important. Stupid! "I didn't hear you," he smiled apologetically, sheepishly scratching the back of his neck.

The brunet smiled softly, eyes glinting in amusement and shrugged. "Nothing," Jisung huffed, knowing he wouldn't be able to get an answer out of his boyfriend. "It's getting late, we should get going soon," the elder mumbled quietly, his eyes still glued to the tree.

"Yeah..." Jisung replied, although he didn't make a move to leave. A clap of thunder brought them out of their daydream, and Jisung flinched. Minho grabbed onto his hand reassuringly, and began to pull him out of the park.

The strawberry-blonde felt that familiar pang of fear resonate through him, and his grasp tightened around Minho's hand. "I had a lot of fun today, thank you," he spoke, if anything to distract himself from the incoming storm.

The brunet smiled at him, and shook his head. "It was my pleasure," he replied, eyes dancing across Jisung's face. "That place," he began, his words fading as hesitation halted his lips. "That place is where I used to go whenever I needed to get away," he looked up towards the sky, a slightly rueful smile decorating his face.

Jisung listened intently; his heart ached, but he was glad Minho was sharing this with him. He wanted the elder to come to him whenever he had worries or problems – he never wanted him to face anything alone. He deserves it.

Minho deserved more than what the world could offer, so Jisung settled on giving him all that he could. "I don't... think I need to get away anymore," he chuckled, eyes sliding over towards the younger. "All I need is you." Jisung felt as though he would melt, his cheeks glowing.

He let out a nervous laugh as they stopped walking under a small boutique's canopy. It was closed, and the street was completely deserted. Minho's hand came up to cup his cheek, and a dreamy smile floated on the younger's lips.

"Why are you being so romantic all of a sudden?" He wondered aloud, and the brunet laughed; the sound was odd, but it was melodious and contagious, and his smile only grew. "Can't I be?" he responded with a smirk, raising an eyebrow.

"I'm not complaining," Jisung chuckled, slowly leaning in. The sound of pounding footstep down the street caused him to spring away, wide eyes turning towards the figure who ran under the canopy in search of refuge from the rain he hadn't even realized had begun to pour.

The person almost crashed into him, skidding to a halt with a small wheeze. "I – I am so sorry," the person mumbled, backing away and the strawberry-blonde blinked. No way, he shook his head, forcing a smile, because there was no way that the voice was actually familiar.

"It's alright," he replied, and with that the person's head snapped up, revealing a young woman. She gasped, standing upright, catching her breath no longer a priority. Minho almost doubled over, because man did she ever look like Jisung.

"Ji.. Jisungie?" she whispered, her voice cracking slightly as she neared the end of her sentence. He just stood there, unmoving, eyes blown wide in disbelief. When his eyes welled with tears, Minho was prepared to step in front of him to protect him from whoever this person was, when the younger threw himself onto the woman, engulfing her in a bone-crushing hug.

"Noona," he cried, body shaking as sobs lurched out of his throat. Minho stood to the side, dumbfounded and confused. "How... why are you here?" he asked his sister, and Jiyeon bit her lip. "I... I came back for you," she answered, casting her eyes away.

"I finally managed to raise enough money to get an apartment, and I was... looking for you." She explained hastily, ruffling her brother's hair. "I want you to come with me, you can't stay there, they'll do anything to hurt you, to control you."

He looked down at his shoes. "Where do you live?" he questioned, tilting his head confusedly. "Busan." His eyes widened, and he shook his head. "No, I can't." She pulled away, eyebrows furrowed. He stepped way, reaching back to link his hand with Minho's; he'd been so quiet that she hadn't even noticed him.

"Jiyeon, this is Minho... my boyfriend." He looked up at the brunet male, who seemed to be scrutinizing the beautiful woman across from them. "And, Minho, this is my sister, Jiyeon," he introduced shuffling slightly. "It's a pleasure to meet you," he stuck his hand out, but his voice was tight.

He couldn't help the thousands of thoughts that flew into his mind, and his eyebrows furrowed subconsciously. Why hadn't he mentioned that he had a sister? Contrary to his and Felix's relationship, the two seemed quite close, so why?

Jiyeon forced a smile, shaking his hand. Did Jisung really care about this guy enough to risk his parents finding out about his sexuality, enough to choose to stay there? It didn't make any sense to her, but she knew she shouldn't be too quick to judge.

She didn't know who this boy was, or how he and Jisung had ended up in a relationship, she just didn't want her little brother to end up hurt.

"I'll be in town for a couple more days," she whispered, smiling at her brother sadly. She had to come to terms that she wasn't the most important person in his life anymore, and that was something she needed to respect.

They hadn't seen one another in what felt like forever, but they'd always be there for one another, even if they were hundreds of miles apart.

"If you change your mind... call this number. It's my girlfriend's, just ask for me, okay?" she mumbled, writing it down on a sticky note she had in her pocket. She's still so old-school, Jisung giggled and nodded, grabbing the bright yellow piece of paper.

"I'm happy I got to see you again, after so long," he grinned, and she teared up, pulling him into a tight hug. "Shut up, you toad," she grumbled, blinking away her tears. "Hey!" he exclaimed, the sound muffled by her shoulder.

Minho smiled softly, because it truly was a heart-warming scene. He knew Jisung would tell him what had happened when he was ready, but most of all, it reminded him how he and Felix used to be. His smile faded, replaced by a dull ache.

How he and Felix used to be.

A/N: I had a dream where someone commented "this story is too long finish it already" and I was like aslkdjaslkdj okay subconscious mind, I see what you're trying to tell me.

Honestly, I did't think I'd be able to update until tomorrow cause I have so much work and band practice tonight, but hey weather decided to give me a break and make today a snow day so ;)

Q: What's your favourite genre?

A: I like all genres, honestly. Just throw some romance in any genre and I'll read it.

Lots of love,

~Junnie