"Get the lady something to drink!" Sampson laughs manically, slapping Faith's thigh in the process.

"Oh... oh I'll have a coke please." Faith stuttered, overwhelmed. She was sitting pin straight on Sampson's lap, trying to gently slide away from him.

"Get h-her some rum to go with the coooke." Sampson dismisses in a slur, as one of his friend's hurries to complete his request.

Faith sat there feeling stupid and out of place, with everyone having a merry time, and her wanting to escape this nightmare. A fresh round of drinks were served, causing everyone to cheer, and one was pushed into Faith's hands. Deciding she should at least try to have a good time, she timidly raised it to her lips. The dark liquid was bitter and burnt the back of her throat, causing her to wince.

How does anyone like this? She screamed in her mind, scrunching her nose up.

For an hour, Faith sat awkwardly on Sampson's lap, feeling slightly ill and incredibly bored. She was spending time with a bunch of drunk lawyers after all. She felt bad and a responsibility to enjoy her time though, as it was her fault they were meeting here in the first place, so that she could come at all. Sampson originally wanted to go out drinking in London, but Faith said she couldn't take a day off work, and it would be too far to travel. She was now thinking she should have tried harder to persuade him to go somewhere without her, as the conversation was intolerable, and Faith really thought that she would rather pull her eyes out with a fork then continue sitting here. Needing to escape, she told Sampson she needed the toilet. Finally letting her go, Faith all but ran to the restrooms, feeling Asher's gaze on her behind the whole time. Locking the door, Faith sighed and considered what to do. She knew she was not enjoying the night at all, and was an awfully bad girlfriend, but she couldn't find it in her to actually care. Sampson wasn't really paying much attention to her anyway – he seemed very interested in the fake blonde vying for his attention next to them. After dawdling around in the bathroom for as long as socially acceptable, she made her way back to the party to let them know she would be leaving.

There was definitely a lot more bodies in the pub now, making it unbearably hot and claustrophobic. She really wanted to leave now.

"Hey Sampson... I'm feeling quite tired, I think I'm going to go now." She announced, almost having to shout over the tumultuous racket in the room.

"Whaaa..." Sampson moans, confused.

"I said I'm going home now." Faith reiterates, holding her purse tightly.

"But it's sooo earlyyy..."

"Well, I do have a long drive home. Thank you for the... lovely evening. I hope to see you soon."

Before he could respond, Faith planted a gift bag in his lap and turned to leave, his voice drowned out in the ocean of other voices. The dim lights in the pub flickered like a flame, and she felt relieved once she stumbled outside, the cold air soothing her. Making her way to her car situated in the back end of the gloomy car park, she looked up and gasped, amazed at the clear night sky above, the most amazing form of art; a song for the eyes.

"Wait, Faith..." A drunken voice called from behind her.

Whipping around, she swallowed uneasily when she saw it was in fact Asher stalking his way towards her. She started to regret parking so far away.

"Hello Asher." Faith said politely, watching him warily.

There were a few people around, but none too close, and most of them did not look to be in a state that could actually help her if trouble were to arise.

"Don't you look pretty tonight..." Asher chuckled, scrutinising her outfit making Faith feel rather fraught.

"Erm thank you... I need to go now." Faith murmured timidly, stepping back when he reached out to touch her, curling his slimy fingers around her shoulder.

"Come home with me... I could show you a real good time sexy." Asher pushes, stepping closer to intimidate her.

Faith felt like screaming.

"N-no thank you... I'm dating Sampson; I couldn't do that to him..." Faith desperately tried to explain.

"You think he cares about you?" Asher sneers, his features hardening whilst his grip intensifies. "You're nothing but a hot piece of ass to him. He's probably gonna dump you now that you've moved away, not letting him touch your perfect body." Faith's eyes watered at his words.

She knew she didn't love Sampson, hell, she could barely spend time with him without wanting to do something violent to herself, but she thought he respected her enough to not talk about her in such a demeaning way with his friends. Suddenly her confidence of falling in love with him in the future was fading.

"I don't care... I still won't sleep with you. It's not right."

"You stupid bitch! I will have you!" He growls – yes, literally growls, shaking her like a rag doll.

Fear started to creep up Faith's spine as she realised the vulnerable position she was in. If he wanted to force her to do something... she wasn't so sure she had the strength to fight back.

"Come on bitch, we're going home." He thunders, ripping her feet off the floor and forcefully pulling her towards what she could only presume to be his car.

"No stop! Please!" Faith whimpered, beads of terror running down her cheeks as she struggled to get away from the detestable man.

She opened her mouth to release a terrified scream, when suddenly, he was simply... gone. Literally chucked away from her! She heard his pained groan as he landed on the floor a couple of metres from her, however she couldn't see him as she was pushed behind someone's back who was in a protective stance in front of her.

She suddenly felt safe.

Hope you're enjoying this guys xoxo

Edited