Chapter 11 "Seducing The God of War."

Start from the beginning

"Far from it! She was such a damned annoying brat." Grinned Ares.

I shot him a glare and nudged his arms off me, moving away from his side. "I was never a brat. You're just moody and find everything annoying." I challenged.

Ares eyes glinted with rivalry and Hermès let out a chuckle. "I think I agree with her on that one."

Dionysus raised up his chalice, "Cheers to that!"

He threw his head back finishing off the rest of the sour liquid, a lazy grin stained with purple spread across his lips. His curly black hair falling over his face without a care. He was already drunk.

I sighed and found myself away from the group, Ares, Hermes, and Dionysus still chatting away.

I was standing in the corner staring at a nearby statue, a centaur wrestling with what seemed to be a hero. Spears clashing.

I felt a presence move behind me and turned to face Apollo, he leaned against the wall with a brooding look. I raised a curious eyebrow at him and received a sinister smile from him.

It wasn't bright. It wasn't toothy. It wasn't happy. It was something else. Something I couldn't place my finger on. What was his deal today?

He stepped closer and I felt myself flinch, yet all he did was stand next to me facing the statue as well. "Do you know anything about this?" Asked Apollo, gesturing towards the statue.

I shook my head allowing him to explain. "It's Chiron training the hero Hercules."

I didn't know much about Chiron and Hercules. Only what I was briefly taught as a child.

"I heard Centaur's are-erm... what's the word-" I started.

"I know what you're thinking. No, Chiron isn't like the rest of them. He's very mature and intelligent." Reassured Apollo.

His face seemed to light up when he spoke of Chiron. Centaurs are infamous for partying and just practicing immature behavior. I wonder what makes Chiron so different?

"You speak highly of him, was he a friend of yours?" I asked, smiling.

"Actually I taught him a lot of what he knows now, I was his foster father." Elaborated Apollo.

My eyes light up in interest, "Really?!" I Exclaimed.

The cautiousness in the room before had fleeted and was replaced with comfort.

"Yeah. I taught him how to play instruments and about medicine, he's a really neat Centaur." He beamed.

I felt my heart pang with warmth. Hearing about his interests made happy, he was so passionate. It was fascinating to watch.

Sometimes I forget how old Apollo is compared to me. Yes he appeared young but his soul was a different story.

His eyes quickly changed from the passion before to something more serious and again, unreadable. "How's the plan working out with Ares?" Asked Apollo, his voice monotone.

"I-It's not going as I expected. She doesn't seem that bothered at all..." I said sighing.

To my surprise, he stepped closer to me. He placed his finger under my chin and tilted my head upwards to face his. His bright eyes melted deeply in mine, like they were soaking in all my secrets.

"Just talking to him won't threaten her... you need to be more intimate." He said softly.

He let go of my chin and turned his back on me, "She's the goddess of love... she knows every trick in the book including yours. You need to be more convincing."

And with that he left, leaving me stranded and blushing.

~

I was sitting on a patch of grass located in vast gleaming fields, a fountain pen in my hand hovering over a blank sheet of paper. I wanted to write my feelings down yet I couldn't even decipher what I was feeling... do I explain my events and maybe it being on paper would be easier for me to understand.

But nothing came to mind. Grass rustling caused my head to shoot up towards to sound, my eyes landing on Ares. He stood tall, the sun towards his back casting a looming shadow over me. His arms were crossed over his chest and the shadow hid his face.

"H-hello Ares." I stammered.

He glanced at the blank piece of paper and knelt down snatching it from my hands. "What is this?" He asked as he examined the blank paper.

"A piece of paper..." I mumbled.

He rolled his eyes, "I knew that! I just mean what is it for?"

I shrugged, "I wanted to write something but-"

"Yeah yeah, whatever. I came to talk to you about our plan." Ares Said wafting the paper in my face and then proceeding to crumple it up to be thrown behind him with no care.

I frowned but didn't argue, it was just paper after all. "It's not really turning out like it should've-" I started but was interrupted.

"No shit. Look, talking to one another and occasionally touching won't make her jealous." Said Ares. I have a feeling he would suggest what Apollo had before. Yet I sat and listened. "We need to be more convincing, more-what's the word?"

"Intimate..." I added with dismay.

He finally nodded, "Yup."

I bit my lip and pondered. What did this entail? Did he mean hugs... flirting... and kissing...? I couldn't imagine doing such things, let alone with him. I never thought about it. Love was something I've always been ignorant to and now I'm getting dragged into it all. Was this even worth it anymore? Why am I wasting my time with god drama? Because I feared Ares or even Apollo?

I shuttered, and looked him in the eye. "If we're to be intimate, I'm setting the boundaries."