~

    A few weeks had passed. Clementine was officially a member of the group. She had met a couple more kids that were friends with the group. A freckled, ginger haired girl with a really bad temper called Ruby, a kid that had some sort of scar on his face and that was always drawing, called Tenn, who also seemed to be really close with the blonde girl.

    Anyway, Violet's crush on Clementine only grew bigger. She didn't really know what to do. They found out Clementine was, indeed, bisexual, but Violet doubted she'd like her back anyways. "Not because you like tea means you like all types of tea in the world, right?" That's what Violet kept thinking. She was desperately trying to find excuses to either stop her crush on Clementine or to hang out with her, which was contradictory.
    They were at lunch, it was Friday.
-So... you're all gonna kill me for telling you this now, but tomorrow's my birthday- Clementine said, smiling at her friends. Friends. It had been weeks and she still liked the way that sounded. She had friends. She liked that.
-What?! Clementine Marsh Everett, how could you not tell us?!- Louis said loudly.
-Fuck, Lou, keep it down- Violet said, but slightly giggling. "God, he's an idiot but I adore his stupid ass".
-I'm sorry, I'm sorry- the girl with the D marked hat said between laughs- I was wondering if you'd all want to hang out tomorrow? If you  don't, though...
-How's that even a question?! OF COURSE WE'RE HANGING OUT! FIRST GROUP HANGOUT WITH CLEM! WOHOO!- Louis yelled, hugging Clem and smiling widely. He really was loud as hell, but Clementine burst out laughing.
-Okay! Great! Is every one else on board?- she asked.
    Everyone agreed.
-So it's settled, then, group hangout!

    The day went by quickly. Finally, the last bell rang. Violet started packing up her stuff when Clementine approached.
-Hey, Vi, do you maybe want to come over? My dad's going over a friend of his and I'll be all by myself, besides, that way we can also go together to the movies and the mall tomorrow for my birthday- the girl said, smiling at her friend.
-Yeah, sure, you sure you don't mind?
-No... why would I mind? Don't be silly, come on!- Clementine grabbed Violet's hand and pretty much rushed out of the classroom.
    They grabbed their bikes and started to head over Clementine's. "Why do I sometimes feel so nervous around Vi? And I always want to be around her. Just now... when I grabbed her hand, I... I had this warm feeling inside me, what the fuck is going on? Lol" Clementine wondered, while she stared at Vi, who was on her bike.

    "It's my first time at Clem's... shit I'm so nervous, and it's a sleepover... shit, shit, shit, get it together Violet, you don't want her to regret inviting you... fuck, I so have a crush on this girl and I have no fucking clue what to do... goddammit, Violet Cardarelli, stop being such an idiot, she doesn't like you back, you'll get hurt just like before" Violet then slightly turned her gaze to the brunette girl "That face could light up the sun, she's... shit, she looks so... majestic".
    A few minutes later, they got to the brown eyed girl's house. They left the bikes outside the front door and entered the place.
-Oh, hey there- Lee, who was sitting on a chair in the kitchen, said, sipping a bit of coffee he had made.
-Hey dad, this is Violet- Clementine looked at her dad and then at her friend- Violet, this is Lee.
Lee observed the blonde girl. He saw the girl's eyes light up when his daughter said her name.
-Hello, Mr. Everett, nice to meet you.
-Oh, please, call me Lee. Nice to meet you too, Violet.
-Right, sorry Mr. Ev... Lee- Violet smiled shyly.
    The two girls headed to Clementine's room, Lee watching behind them.
-Oh boy, what her eyes did, my sweet pea... there's definitely a crush going on here- Lee thought outloud, chuckling.

Violet sat on a desk at Clementine's room, while the brunette girl dropped on the bed.
-Your room's really pretty- Violet said looking around, trying to avoid eye contact with Clementine, as the girl's stare was fixated on her.
-Thanks, actually, now that I think about it, the color of the walls matches your eyes- the girl with the D marked hat stared at her friend's eyes. There was something about that girl that caught Clementine's attention, but she didn't know what it was, or why she was so jittery around Violet.
Hours went by. They listened to music, talked about random stuff, eventually they both ended up lying on the brunette's bed, staring at the sealing. And so they hit a popular subject in teen conversations: Love.
-So... Vi, you've been in love, right?- the curly haired girl turned her face to the blonde.
-I... yeah, I think so?
-I'm sorry if it's a touchy subject, we can talk about something else if you want.
-No, no, it's fine. You're... easy to open up to so, I don't mind telling you- Violet turned her face to Clementine, but still trying to avoid eye contact- So, some time ago, there was this girl in our group called Minerva. Minnie, for short. She had a sister too, Sophie. They were also both Tenn's sisters. Anyway, I was good friends with Sophie. And with Minnie, we... we were close. Dated. We went out for about two years right until last year, when they both went away. Boarding school, far away from here. She broke up with me because... I don't really know. She wasn't even going to tell me they were going away. But I saw her around school one day, she was picking up stuff that was in her locker. She just said 'I'm sorry Violet, we can still be friends' and... that was the end of it.
-I... I'm sorry Vi, you deserved better than that- Clementine laid her head on Violet's shoulder.
    The blonde girl blushed, luckily, the brunette girl couldn't ser her.
-No, it's fine. Honestly I think it might've ended short after anyway. We were good, and I think I was in love, but it was way to one sided. I'm not saying she didn't care or that she didn't like me, it's just... it felt as if my feelings were way stronger. And when I got my heart broken... I just couldn't even think of her without feeling like I was being hit with a crowbar in the chest, you know? Every breath hurt at first, and I never spoke to her again. I erased her phone number, deleted every conversation, everything. And whatever stuff reminded me of her, photos, notes, anything, I put it all in a box and buried it in my backyard. I guess I was both mad and sad so I did whatever I thought was right to erase her. We lost contact and well... it's been a year ever since. It still hurts the idea of falling, though, I don't want to get hurt. Besides Tennessee and maybe Brody, I don't think any of our group still talks with them. They suddenly left barely saying anything, no one saw it coming, so we just never talked about it or to them.
-Are you okay?
-Yeah, I'm glad I got it off my chest. I think I needed to say it.
   The teens looked at each other. There was silence, but it wasn't uncomfortable. Violet smiled
-Thanks, Clem. For listening.
-It's okay, want to watch a movie?
-Yeah, sure, okay.
    About two hours went by, Lee left and they ordered pizza. After fooling around for a while longer, they started to get sleepy.
    They went upstairs to Clementine's room again, until the brunette remembered she didn't have an extra bed since they had just moved in little time ago.
-Shit, I don't have an extra bed, Vi, uh...
-Well, what do we do? I can sleep on the floor though, I don't mind- the green eyed girl said, chuckling.
-Are you serious? There's no way I'm letting you sleep on the floor, sleep on my bed.
    Violet raised an eyebrow.
-But what about you?
-I'll sleep on my bed too. We can sleep together, only if you don't mind, though. I don't want you to feel uncomfortable or anything...
-Oh, no it's not uncomfortable at all, don't worry- Violet was blushing hard, trying not to let Clementine see her. Fortunately for her, the girl didn't.
    They turned off the lights and got into Clementine's bed, facing each other.
-So... you sure you're okay with this?- Violet was obviously nervous, which Clementine noticed and chuckled.
-Yeah, why wouldn't I?
    "Well maybe because I have a really big fucking crush in you, idiot" Violet thought.
    Clementine smiled and turned around, her back facing Violet. After a few minutes, she said
-Vi, would you mind... uh...
-What...?
-Uh... hugging me?
-I...- Violet was blushing again, her heart started racing a bit.
-I'm sorry if it's weird... I just... remember what I told you about my parents? Well... I... I sill have nightmares about it...- now Clementine was embarrassed.
-Oh! Yeah, I'll hug you, don't worry, no nightmares will attack if you're with me- the blonde girl said, wrapping her arms around her friend, but leaving some space between their bodies. Clementine chuckled.
-Friendly! I meant that so in a friendly way!- Violet quickly added.
-It's fine, Vi, thanks- the brunette chuckled one last time.
-Okay, sleep tight, g'night- Violet said, closing her eyes.
-Night- the other girl replied, drawing closer to the green eyed girl to close the space between them.
    Violet smiled, and tightened a bit the embrace. And so they felt asleep.

~

    It was Saturday, and the entire group was finally at the mall. Violet and Clementine had arrived earlier, and the blonde girl bought some stuff to the birthday girl. A really big Teddy and a book. Clementine couldn't stop stupidly smiling at the giant Teddy Violet had bought her.
    Anyway, they all decided to go bowling since it was fun and cheap. They paired up. Louis and Clementine, Violet and Brody, Marlon and Mitch, Aasim and Ruby.
-You're sooo going down, Marlon- Brody said, throwing the ball and making a strike.
-Oh come the fuck on! This is unbelievable- Marlon said, raising his arms in the air.
-Damn Brody, next time I'm pairing up with you- Clementine said, laughing
-Hey! Am I that bad at bowling?- Louis said, softly punching Clem in the shoulder.
-You're a charm, Louis, but you definitely suck at this- Clementine responded.
    It was Mitch's turn. Louis leaned closer to Clem's ear.
-So, how did it go with Miss Chicken Nuggets over there?
-What the...? Lou, she just came over!- the brunette whispered.
-Yeah, and you slept together...
-Just shut up- Clementine said, glaring at him but then laughing.
Even though Clementine thought they were just friends, she thought about Vi the whole hang out. Hearing her laugh was really beautiful, especially because Vi barely ever laughed so when she did it was worth of appreciation. She had started to feel more and more nervous around Vi since the night before. She hadn't had any nightmares, which was weird, and when she felt the other girl's breathing on her neck, she shivered and smiled. Sometimes she couldn't stop staring at the girl. And she loved the sound of her voice. It was so soothing to her. She had felt oddly and overwhelmingly excited about everything the girl had bought her, which confused her more and more.
After a few more games of Brody and Violet winning and Mitch and Marlon losing, they decided to go have something to eat for dinner, Vi and Brody had gone to grab everyone's orders, so the ginger haired girl asked.
-So? How did it go? Did Violentine happen?
-Brody!
-What? You so have a crush on that girl, Violet, I bet she has a crush on you too- Brody said, winking at Violet- So, how do you feel around her?- she asked.
-She's... she's like a pretty constellation. Brody, you know me, you know I love the stars and looking at them. But her eyes are like two big, shiny, beautiful stars. If I had to choose between looking at the stars for hours, or our eyes meeting for ten seconds... I'd choose her gaze definitely.
-Vi... you do know what all of this means, right? You know you're crushing hard, right?
Violet raised her eyebrows, and then looked away. "Shit...".
    When they finished dinner, they all started to go home. Violet and Clementine had decided to go to their houses by bus, since there was one that dropped them off and they lived kind of nearby.
They hopped on the bus and sat at the back. Violet noticed Clementine was cold, so she gave her her jacket.
-Here, you're cold- she said, putting it over the brunette's shoulders.
-Thanks, Vi.
The mall was a long way from their homes, and Vi felt asleep. Clementine took out her phone, opened instagram, went to her dms and texted Louis.

(credits to @thederpartist in IG for both the drawing and the mini conversation below!)

> @clxmenmarsh:
dude idk what to do ???? why am i feeling so nervous and jittery around vi ????? why do i feel happy with all the things she bought me ????????

> @belouga:
clem..........dude you're crushing on her

Word count: 3194