Chapter 3

> @flowersandcitruses
Hey

> @clxmenmarsh
hey! vi, right?

> @flowersandcitruses
yeah, it's me
so
r u home yet?

> @clxemenmarsh
nope, in a bit
hey um
thank you for... you know, everything today

> @flowersandcitruses
stop thanking me lol, it's okay, really
you're pretty
...
cool! i meant cool

> @clxmenmarsh
aw :)

> @flowersandcitruses
but you're pretty too lol

> @clxemenmarsh
you are too :)

Clementine arrived home. She entered the house and dropped the bag on a chair. She sat on the couch and sighed heavily. "I'm surprised, wouldn't have thought they'd want to stay around. Especially Vi, she's... I don't know why she's thinks I'm cool but, I'm glad" she thought, then smiling to herself.
~
Violet had just arrived home. Her dad was in the kitchen, a few bottles on the counter, but he was asleep. Her mother hadn't arrived, of course. Sometimes she missed having her grandparents around. She began to get bored so she texted Brody.

You
Hey, Brodes, wanna hang out for a bit? I'm bored af

BrodyBro
yeahsure, we can also talk about your new crush looool

You
what? I don't have a crush
Clementine isn't my crush
wtf

BrodyBro
but i didn't even mention Clementine...
You
god, i hate you

BrodyBro
VI HAS A CRUSH ON CLEM WOHOO
i soooo ship it
hashtag violentine !
im so telling louis about this

You
oh don't you fucking dare tell louis anything or i swear i'll kill you
also violentine wtf
do you want to hang out or should I just block you and be done with it?

BrodyBro:
no please don't block me D:
yeah, come over

The blonde girl put her phone away, grabbed a coat and headed out. It was starting to get colder, but she didn't mind. She walked to the bus station and waited. "I don't have a crush on Clem, I've only known her for a day! And... and she's pretty. And hugging her was really nice, her skin is so soft. Her voice and her eyes are beautiful too. Shit! What the fuck am I thinking? No, no, Violet. You. Don't. Have. A. Crush. On. Clementine. You can't... you shouldn't... I'll get hurt".
Just then, the bus arrived. She hopped on and sat at the back. It was about twenty minutes to Brody's, so she plugged in her earphones and put on some music. She pressed Shuffle Play.
She thought about the new girl the whole ride. She tried not to, but she couldn't help it. She liked how she felt when their gazes met a couple times. Clementine's eyes were like stars, they had this sort of light on them. When their eyes met, Vi had a warm feeling on her chest. It was... weird, but she liked it. She hadn't felt like this in a while. "I guess it's just weird because it has been a long time ago since I liked anyone. I... am I ready? Why do I like her?". There was something about that girl. Something that caught her attention. But she couldn't quite figure out what.
    She finally got to Brody's place. She knocked on the door.
-Vi! You're here- the ginger haired girl said, swinging the door open- Thank god, I was bored as hell.
-Yeah, hey- Vi said, giggling- I was bored too.
    Brody had been her best friend for some years now. About five or six. Since fourth grade. Brody knew her better than anyone. Violet could lie to any person except her. There was no fooling her, she saw through everything. She noticed the slightest, most hidden tone of sadness or real anger in Violet. Whether it was her voice or her gaze, everything. And as she noticed that, she noticed when she liked something too. "Your eyes light up a bit and your face is more cheerful. You kinda relax, your voice is softer and sweeter too" Brody had told her, several times. Sometimes Violet hated the fact that Brody knew her so well she couldn't lie "I'm fine" and be done with something. But under that, she was glad there was at least someone that would always tell her the truth, and see through her.
    As they went upstairs, Brody brought up their iMessage chat.
-So... Clementine, huh?
-Jesus fucking Christ, Brody, I don't hace a crush on Clem- the green eyed smiled to herself at the sound of that girl's name.
-Yeah, yeah. Deny it all you want, Violet Cardarelli, but I saw you. You couldn't even hold eye contact for five seconds! And the hug? Oh my god, that hug!
-She told us something really delicate! Wasn't it normal to hug her?!
-Coming from you?...No. You don't ever touch anyone, not anymore at least.
-Okay yeah maybe I am kinder around Clem. So what? Doesn't mean I have a crush on her!- Violet said. "Why am I still fucking denying it? Dammit, Violet, you already know it's true".
    They entered Brody's room. The blonde girl laying down on her friend's bed, and the ginger haired girl sat down on a chair.
-Oh come on, I saw how you looked at her, Vi. The drawing, the hug, the looks. Damn, the smiling too.
-I...- Violet had the impulse to keep fighting back, but she grew tired of it, she knew it was true- Yeah... I have a crush on her... fuck.
-YES! I FUCKING KNEW IT!- Brody screamed, raising her arms in excitement.
-Goddammit Brody. I don't even know if she likes girls.
-And what are you gonna do about it? Will you tell her you're crushing?
-I don't... I don't know.