Chapter 1 - Prison Break

Disappointed, Yassen left the room. However he didn't notice the fact that Izen's eyes and hair changed colour. He looked up his crazed hazel eyes, slightly hidden under curly brown hair glowed with barely contained anticipation.

His wrists, which were raw after several failed attempts at escaping from the tight metal restraints holding them captive, were now straining against the cuffs. Isaac started swiftly moving his wrists back and forth against the sharp metal slowly sawing the wrists.

Only after half an hour, were his hands sliced enough to fall off, allowing the energetic psycho to slide his hands out. The bloodied body parts covering the chair in blood. Frowning slightly he gazed at his hands, watching as the wounds closed off becoming stumps. He waited for a few hours giving his hands time to grow back. He proceeded to use his hands to undo the straps holding his legs.

Grinning like a cheshire cat again, he stood up stretching his aching bones. He then removed the buckle of one of the straps and used it to undo one of the strong metal restraints. Isaac walked over to the vent at the back of the room with a slight skip in his step, the piece of metal still in hand. He unscrewed the nails holding the vent door in place and removed it.

Now came the hard part. Taking a deep breath, his now green eyes took in their next obstacle. The bar running from the top to bottom of the shaft was an expected but unwelcomed problem. Isaac and Tom working together, used the metal from the chair as a wrench to shift the bars to the side. The task was difficult especially since their form was absolutely dehydrated and starved but after a few minutes of gruelling effort the bar finally gave way. Quickly, they forced themselves through which was very difficult indeed even with their exceptionally thin frame and crawled to wherever the shaft led to which, hopefully, was outside.

The minutes seemed to drag on as they made their way through the crawl space following sounds, light and the occasional breeze. They continued on, ignorant of the sweltering heat, until they came to the other end of the tunnel. After making sure the coast was clear they once again prised open the entrance and exited the shaft.

Back on the ground again, Triste took full control and glanced carefully around before sprinting towards the barbed wire fence that encased the whole science facility.

He climbed over the fence unperturbed by the cuts and volts the wires gave him or his bouncing silver curl. He descended the other side and raced off as far his already strained body would allow before collapsing in some forest about twenty miles from the acursed facility. Almost immediately all the adrenaline coursing through him drained out giving way to welcomed unconsciousness.