"When did this happen?" Tears brim in her eyes, but she brushes them away.

"We should catch up another time, discuss everything we've missed in each other's lives, perhaps we can also see the wedding photos?" Annika comments.

"Sure, sounds nice." I nod.

"Congratulations on your wedding." Samantha races away, Annika in pursuit.

I lean on Noah's shoulder and he pulls me to his chest.

"Are you going to catch up with them?" Noah chuckles.

"I'm never going, can you imagine all their questions?"

Noah kisses the side of my head and guides me to my chair. I take a seat and hold his hand.

"What did I miss?" Brooklyn frowns.

"It's a long story." I sigh.

"Charlie and I used to date," Percy comments. "But we decided we were better off as friends."

"And then I fell in love with Noah, who wouldn't." I smile at him. "Samantha was also in love with him too, so it makes things awkward because we used to be friends in high school."

Brooklyn sighs. "Sometimes love doesn't work out like we want it to."

"I agree." Percy looks at me and a pang of guilt hits my heart.

"Is anyone thirsty? I think we should get drinks from the bar."

"Agreed," Noah says. "I'll come with you."

We walk to the bar and Noah places his hand on my lower back. It brings a much needed sense of comfort. I lean against the bar and he kisses my temple.

"Are you okay?"

I look up and smile.

"You seem to make a habit of telling people about us."

"You have a habit of procrastinating on things like this." He chuckles. "And if I recall correctly, you mentioned there's never a good time to break someone's heart."

"It's not the time to be correct about something."

"Don't let her rain on your happiness."

"I'll try not to."

Noah kisses my nose and I grin.

"What drink do you want?"

"Preferably something with alcohol."

"Wait at the table and I'll bring it over."

"Sure." I nod.

I walk away but Noah pulls me back and cups my cheek. He softly brushes his lips across mine, so I loop my arm around his waist and pull him close. I'll never get over this feeling.

"I'm sorry, in the mad rush to find my shoe, I forgot to say you look very beautiful tonight." He smiles.

"Thank you, Mr. East." I grin. "And I see you found your other shoe."

"I did, in the laundry." He laughs.

We untangle ourselves and walk our own ways. On the way to the table, I notice Samantha standing near the toilets brushing tears from her cheek. My heart squeezes with pain but I continue to the table.

Brooklyn and Percy stop talking once I sit down.

"Don't stop on my account." I chuckle.

"Percy mentioned you were a professional surfer. What was that like?"

"Wonderful and horrible at the same time. I loved traveling, surfing and all the cool perks that came with it. However, I missed Noah so much. It was hard being away from everyone I loved."

"Aw, I want a love like that." Brooklyn coos.

"You should stick with Percy and he'll give you the world."

Brooklyn clutches onto Percy's arm and smiles.

* * * * *

Percy and Brooklyn laugh as they sneak down the hallway while I pull myself up the stairs. Having dessert is never a good idea, but I make the same mistake over and over again because how can anyone say no to chocolate mousse?

I open our bedroom door and smile. Noah stands beside the bed with a smile. There are candles scattered around the room and flower petals over the floor and bed.

"Did you really lose your shoe?"

"No." He shakes his head.

"What's this for?"

"I promised to keep things fun."

"I think I might melt into a puddle." I smile.

I race across the room and launch into Noah's arms. He swings me around and places me on the bed. His lips trail down my neck and I grin.

"Oh Noah, I love you so much."

We get lost under the sheets in a tangled, passionate moment.

Jarrod is in the next chapter :D