"You're the best, Aunty Charlie."

I raise my eyebrow and shake my head.

"Or you could have a blanket outside in the cold."

His laughter stops and I smirk.

"That's what I thought, mate."

Percy only relaxes once we're inside the restaurant and the table we're being led to is empty. The waiter places the menus on the table and awkwardly smiles.

"I'll be back to take your order once everyone has arrived."

"Thanks." I grin.

Percy pulls the chair out for me and smiles.

"For you, Mrs. East."

"I love married life but the name change is hard. I don't know if I'll ever get used to it." I frown. "Mrs. East, it just feels weird. We call your grandmother Mrs. East."

"Did somebody say Mrs. East?"

My eyes widen as dread consumes me. I slowly turn around and grimmance as Samantha and Annika beeline towards us. I'm crushed between the pair of them in a squishy hug. I knew this moment would happen, I just imagined Noah beside me for support.

Samantha grabs my hand and inspects the two rings, the pearl engagement ring and the diamond studded wedding band Noah picked.

"Oh wow, those are beautiful and I bet expensive!" Annika gasps.

I take my hand back and cross my arms so the rings are out of view. Percy awkwardly scratches the back of his head and tugs on a smile. My heart pounds in my chest as I struggle to speak words.

"When did this happen and why weren't we invited?" Samantha pouts.

"Did you elope?" Annika smiles.

"Oh, um." I bite my lip.

Samantha's gaze shifts and I sigh.

"Hi Noah, it's a surprise to see you here." She flutters her eyelashes and it makes me sick.

"Hello, ladies." He nods. "How's college treating you?"

"It's a whole new kind of stressful but I enjoy it. I'm thankful for the break at home and it seems to have suddenly gotten better."

Samantha's horrible attempt at flirting makes Annika giggle.

"That's wonderful."

"I'm sorry I'm late, traffic was-" Brooklyn's eyes meet Samantha's and she closes her mouth and smiles. "Sorry, I'm Brooklyn."

"Hey, Brooklyn, it's nice to meet you."

Samantha's smile fades and her eyes turn a darker shade.

"Am I interrupting something?" Brooklyn bites her lip.

"We bumped into Annika and Samantha, who went to high school with Charlie and Percy." Noah gestures to the girls and smiles.

Her eyes narrow on the black wedding band on Noah's finger.

"You're married." She gasps.

Noah looks at the ring and smiles.

"Yes, last month."

"Oh, do we know her?" Samantha looks at Brooklyn, before turning her gaze back to Noah.

"I believe you've already met my wife."

The pair look to Brooklyn while Noah places his hand on my lower back. I inhale a deep breath as I watch their faces go pale. Somehow it was easier to tell Percy about our relationship than Samantha.