Chapter 9

The night after we came home from the Land of Iron, I had finally got the chance to build a proper house for myself. I've made it in a different design than my previous home as a sign that I had moved on. Such was evident with Karin sleeping next to me, naked. Yes, we did it and it's not that she seduced me to it. I just got too stressed out and needed to let out a little steam. No, I am not using her for myself, I cared for her as much as myself. Regardless, I couldn't sleep yet because I was writing an important document on a scroll. There's a reason as to why I didn't do much at the summit and I can't afford to mess it up. The alliance must happen.

‘What're you doing still awake this late?’ Karin mumbled as she brushed my back. ‘Is this what I think it is?’

‘Just in case but, if anything happens to me, this house is yours. Please stay here, live, and have children here in Konoha,’ I said as she hugged me from behind. ‘Come, let's sleep.’

Surprisingly, she didn't push the subject. I closed my eyes hoping that sleep can drag me out of reality. That night, I dreamt of Karin and I had started a family together, having cute little kids, and grew old to watch our kids having their kids of their own.

The next morning, I was in the bathroom when Karin answered the doors. From the chakra signature, it was Kakashi-sensei and he was snickering when Karin invited him inside. I wrapped my body with a towel and walked towards the living room and saw Karin that was wearing my shirt from yesterday, serving my sensei a cup of tea. I slammed my face with my hand; he will not shut up about this. I could see that sensei was smiling at me.

‘What do you want this early, Sensei?’ I asked when I sat down on the wooden seat.

‘First off, it's afternoon and Tsunade-Sama had just woken up,’ Sensei said as he read that obnoxious book of his. ‘Secondly, how many rounds did you have that caused you to be this late? You're never late.’

I just groaned at him as I walked back to my bedroom to change my clothes. We flickered towards Senpai's temporary house when I was done and Anbu was hidden all over the place. There were two Anbu who stood guard at the entrance other than a few more Anbu teams that were scattered around the area and that alone was enough to say that the Godaime was in there. Honestly, it was overkill. We walked inside after greeting the two Anbu.

‘No!’ Shizune screamed, ‘Get a hold of yourself! You can't eat TonTon!’

‘What the hell are you on about?!’ Senpai grumbled with her mouth full of food.

‘Good afternoon, Senpai! Glad to see you alive and well,’ I said as we walked into her room.

‘Ah, my Kouhai! And Kakashi too? Come in! Let's eat! Shizune, more food!’ Senpai yelled as she continued to eat. Shizune walked out in despair to get even more food I guess. Well, better for it to be food than sake.

‘Sasuke has woken up if you are interested in it. He is completely changed and his loyalty lies with the village as what Itachi had promised in his will. He is also currently undergoing Foundation Anbu training as we speak and I will initiate him later today,’ I said after I sat in front of the dining table opposing my senpai.

‘What will the villagers say?’ Senpai wondered idly.

‘They had it worse, they will surely bear with it. Besides, they had their Uchiha heir back now,’ I said as I took a bit of dango that was on the table.

‘Fine! Well, I'm surprised to hear about the Joint Forces. Can't believe that Raikage and Tsuchikage agreed to cooperate,’ Senpai said.

‘Desperate time calls for desperate measure. I hope that the alliance will last even after the war,’ I immediately commented.

Hikari; Cataclysmजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें