Love Never Fails

Shivaay: I have nothing to do with this woman.... She is a bloody gold digger. I am divorcing this woman.

And he dragged Anika and threw her out of the house.

A scream filled the room as the woman woke up crying out loud and two figures rushed into the room. They tried to console her but she lost her consciousness. Her face was tear stricken and pale. She looked so weak and tired as if she had seen every worry of the world. Her hair was matted to her forehead and temples due to sweat. Her form was so lean and shrunk. Baggy eyes and dark circles gave a gaunt look on her face. The two who had rushed in had tears brimming in their eyes as they moved out of the room in silence after adjusting the pillows and blanket.

They are...

Mallika : Siddharth, I am so worried for her

Mallika : Siddharth, I am so worried for her. She was already in a bad state three months back and now after the divorce... it's getting worse.

Sid: I am more scared than worried, Mallika. If this goes on, this fear and depression will kill her.

Mallika : Only if Shivaay had been rational...

Sid: Anika is no less.

Mallika : I just hope the Oberoi family gets to know the truth... or else...

Sid: They will regret it later... and the guilt will be unbearable.

The two gave scared glances to each other and left to their room.

The next morning, the Rana family were waiting for Anika.

Vikram: Why isn't she here? Is she fine?

Ketaki : Sid, nightmare?

Siddharth nodded his head while the older couple gave a sigh of distress.

Mallika : Anika...

The Rana family sees Anika nearing them with an emotionless face and feeble steps dressed in a plain kurta.

Ketaki : Good morning Anika.

Anika gave a fake smile and a small nod. The four hide their distress and move to the dining area with Anika. And as usual they sighed as Anika had a meagre amount of food and left the table. Mallika too goes behind her to find Anika sitting in the hall. She joins her and Mallika flickers through the channels. She stops changing as the rest join. As everyone focus on the news channel, they get stunned. The Rana family looks at Anika and sees her having a small smile on her face – A genuine smile. They felt happy and sad as the smile was due to Shivaay's presence on the screen. But soon the smile vanished and anguish filled her eyes when Shivaay's extended hand held another feminine hand with the Oberoi family behind. All were happy on the screen. The Rana family were burning in anger which turned into worry seeing Anika in pain. Tears made way through Anika's eyes. She was not able to hear the news but she knew it's happening. She knew she was going to lose her love and soul forever.