Goodbye Greeted By A Reunion

Start from the beginning

"Mother! Saza! Welcome back!" I say running up to meet Sazanami.

I haven't seen her in a few days but she looks even more beautiful. We hug each other like how close sisters would.

"Missed you_________, glad to see you've been well." She says pulling back.

"Missed you as well, congratulations on your engagement, I'm so happy for you. Who is your soon to be husband?" I ask her with an excited smile.

"Thank you___________, going on this trip was a choice that I would gladly make again if I could. His name is Kazeyoke, he's a year older than me." She says turning back.

I look behind her and from a horse, a young handsome man hops off, he has a sword on his hip. He's wearing a white and pale blue kimono, colors that symbolizes the wind just like his name. His black hair is tied back and he has bangs covering his eyebrows. He walks over to us and bows to me, I bow back in return.

"Nice to meet you Lady_________, Sazanami has told me a lot about her younger "sister." Kazeyoke says with a gentle smile.

"Yes, nice to meet you too lord Kazeyoke. Congratulations on your engagement to Saza, I hope you'll enjoy your stay here." I say to him.

"Thank you for the hospitality." He says.

I greet my parents and Kazeyoke's parents, we lead them to their rooms, we ate lunch together. We went out into town, my parents showed them around. My mother, Kazeyoke's mother and I help Sazanami pick out a wedding kimono. I watched Kazeyoke and Sazanami together, the smiles on their faces were ones of love. In such a short time, they fell in love. I'm happy for Sazanami, I really am. Although I'm happy for her, deep down my own sadness exists. My parents are together, the lord and lady are together, and Sazanami and Kazeyoke are together. All except for me, Naraku and I are a day away from one another. I miss him, I wish I can walk around with him like Kazeyoke and Sazanami. How will my parents take it when I tell them that Naraku is a demon... I know Sazanami knows everything, but my parents are another matter. The wedding is decided the day after tomorrow, another day without seeing Naraku, I'm surprised I've survived this long. When night rolls in, we enjoy a nice dinner together. Talks and laughs fills the eating hall, I joined in conversations. I got to know the lord and lady a bit, and Kazeyoke himself, he was out fighting in battles so he never had time for love. Luckily, he returned home a half a month earlier and met Sazanami on the trip at the right time. The red string of fate is tied on their fingers as well. After dinner, we had a relaxing tea time together. When it creeps closer to midnight, we all turn in. Sazanami came back with me to my room to talk for a while.

"Can you believe it? One more day and you'll be married. It almost feels like you only left yesterday and came back today with a fiancé. It's almost unbelievable." I say with a laugh.

"I know I almost can't believe it myself either. I never thought that I could fall in love with someone like Kazeyoke, someone who's above me in so many aspects especially status wise. Then, to mutually fall in love and soon to be wedded." She says sighing with a smile.

"What do you mean Saza? You've been with me since I was practically a toddler, you took care of me like a real sister. We are practically sisters, my parents basically see you as their daughter. If you weren't, I wouldn't think that they would've allowed you to be married." I tell her nudging her arm.

"I suppose you're right. To able be part of this family is a gift from heaven, and to have someone like you as my younger sister figure is also a gift. I'm grateful to the lord and lady." She says.

"All we want is for you to be happy, it's about time for you to have your own path to follow and a family. Love can take years, and it can take just mere second and minutes to surface and consume us. For you two to fall in love at first sight mutually is destined fate." I say to her holding her hand.