Part 12

I was sitting on the bleachers, waiting and cheering. That when I thought of a idea. "I'm goin to use the restroom, kay?" I told Rin. "Sure, just don't miss you race." He said to me. I then got up and traveled in the hallways. Now, if I was Haruka where would I be? I looked around the hallways and to my surprise, I saw him just sitting there. I walked up to him and say next to him. "The others are worried you know." I replied. He looked at me, apparently not knowing I had sat down. "H-Hibiki?" He asked. "Long time no see." I said. "You looked incredible out there today." I told him. "I'm sure you did too." He replied. "Na, I sucked." I replied. "So, why are you here? I bet Makato's race is coming up soon." I replied. He didn't answer me. "Come on Haruka, don't you wanna see your team swim?" I asked him still no response. "Hey Haru-chan!" There you are! Makoto's race is about to...." Nagisa paused when he saw me. "Well, I've over stayed my welcome." I said standing up. I then turned my back to them. "See ya." I lifted my hand up to them. I then walked back to the bleachers. When I got there I sat next to Rin. I watched Makato finish. He almost had a time to go to finals, but sadly he didn't make it. "Wish me luck." I said walking down. "You can do it Sempai!" Nitori said. "Yeah, whatever." I said. I then went down to the deck to wait for my event. Then finally I was brought to the block and it was my heat. I put my goggles on and hopped into the water. "Ready." "Set" "Go!" I launched of the wall with all of my might, using my dolphin kick to accelerate me further. "Swim Hibiki!" I heard my team cheer for me. "You can do it Hibiki!" I heard Rin yell. I went faster. I turned at the wall and started my second lap. "Last spurt!" My team cheered for me. This thine Iwatobi wasn't cheering for me. Did I do something wrong? I then felt my hand press against the wall and I shot up. I looked at the board and saw that I placed first and moved into finals again. I also saw I got the best overall time.

"Hibiki Ibuki in lane 8, had just set a new record." The announcer said. "Yes!" I said jumping in the water. I then hopped out and went back to greet my team. "Nice job!" Rin said to me giving me a high five. "It was no big deal." I replied. "Are you kidding! That was amazing Sempai!" Nitori said to me. "But it looks like I'll have to swim again soon. The men's 100 breast is going on now." I replied. I have to go somewhere. Rin said, then he left suddenly. Something was up. I watched Nagisa race. He was pretty fast but he didn't make the final either. I then went down to the deck and got ready for my next event. When I was stretching, I looked up and saw that Rin and Nitori were missing. They probably weren't going to see me race then. I got up on the blocks and waited for the start. "Ready" "Set" "Go!" I jumped into the water and started to swim. I could her a low amount of cheering coming from my team. It was like they didn't care about me anymore. But, there was one voice I was surprised to hear. "You can do it Hibiki!" I heard a familiar voice say. Why was he cheering for me? Why in the world would Haruka be cheering for me. I went fast. I turned at the wall and pushed off, going even faster than before. I didn't hear anyone else cheer for me than my team and Haruka, But that was all I needed. I touched the wall and popped up. I got the same placing as before. I was so happy! I jumped out of the pool and put my track suit on. The Men's 100 Butterfly started right after this, so I didn't have time to look for Rin or Nitori. All I can do now is hope that they can see me swim. I wanted to watch Rei swim, to see if he is still using the tricks I taught him. To see if he still cares. I watched him dive off the block and his form was perfect. Also, he was using the tips I told him about. That brought a huge smile to my face. But, when I looked closer, his goggles were slipping off his eyes. It must has ben when he dived in. He was falling behind the others. He didn't make it to Finals.

I placed my goggles on my forehead and stepped up. I put my goggles over my eyes and positioned my feet. "Ready." "Set." I grabbed the edge of the block. "Go!" I dived into the water, my legs propelling me forward. I got to the surface and flew my arms over my head and kept my hips up. I paced my legs so they would fit in perfectly with my arms. "Go go go go go go go Ibuki!" I could hear my team cheer for me. I touched the wall with two hands and pushed off. I could feel my lungs gasping for air but kept going. The wall was getting closer, and closer, and closer. I popped up out of the water as soon as my palms touched the wall. I looked at the board. I got first again. Also, I got first in Finals too. Again. I hopped out of the pool and put my tracksuit on. I then went back up to the bleachers. I was sitting alone because Rin and Nitori haven't came back yet. Where were they?