Part 4

The next day during practice Rei said that he knew the reason why he couldn't swim.

"You do?" Makoto asked.

"The answer was right under my nose. The answer is...." Rei started to say. "My swimsuit."

Idiot.

I bursted into laughter in the pool.

"This is no laughing matter Hibiki!" Rei said to me. I kept on laughing anyway. "The speedo is to blame!"

"I let you borrow that didn't I?" Nagisa said. "That's kinda mean."

"It's not mean!" Rei protested. "The problem the swimsuit is not streamlined for my body, I think." He said. "I haven't crunched the numbers yet!"

"He's really big on sticking to form." Nagisa said. I just ignored some of their conversation and swam butterfly.

______________

We went to a sports store to get Rei a new swimsuit. I only agreed to come along because I needed a new swim cap.

When we got there I went off on my own and did my own shopping. After a while of picking out swimsuits and trying them on, I finally chose what I was going to get. I decided on 4 swimsuits that reach to my knees.

One was black, one was red, one was black with orange streaks (like the boys's) and one was white.I also got a black swim cap.

I better be prepared for the worst.

After I checked out me and Gou stepped outside and got drinks from the vending machines.

When Gou was getting hers and I was sipping on mine, a man a approached us. He had orange hair and yellow eyes.

"Fancy meeting you here." He said to Gou.

"Captin Mikoshiba?" She replied. So this was the captin of the Samezuka team?

"Are you doing some shopping Gou-Kun?" He asked.

"Please don't put Gou and Kun together please." She said to him.

"We're here to get new swimsuits." He said.

"So that means Rin is here?" We both asked.

"Now that I think of it, I have never met you before." Mikoshiba said to me.

"My name is Hibiki!" I said shaking his hand.

"So you're the one who is making the bet?" He asked me.

"Yes." I replied.

"So who is in favor of winning so far?" He asked me.

"I'm guessing at this rate, Samezuka is planning to win." I said. "

Would you like us to pick you out a team suit?" He asked me.

"Sure." I said. Then I handed him a slip of paper with my size.

"See ya!" He said running off.

"Why did you ask for a swimsuit Hibiki?" She asked me.

"It's obvious at this point that I'm quitting Iwatobi." I said, walking off.

I was looking for Rin. I walked outside and saw Rin talking with Haruka. I spied on the by hiding behind a tree.

"So what have you been doing these past three years Haru?" Rin asked. "You're better than this."

"I'm not better than someone who just got back from Australlia." Haruka said.

"Are you mocking me?" Rin asked.

"I'm not, you won our race." Haruka said. They had a race?

"It wouldn't be hard to beat someone who hasn't trained in a while." Rin replied.

"A win is a win." Haruka explained. "You won, isn't that good enough?"

"It's not!" Rin retorted. "I want a real race! Or else, I can't move on." What does he mean by can't move on?

"Your a pain." Haruka said, then he turned to walk away. "I only swim free." he said while walking away. "I won't swim for you." Then in came running up to Haruka, I moved closer too.

He then pushed Haruka against the fence.

"No." Rin said. "You're going to swim for me." Haru then grabbed Rin's wrist.

"In that case, I want you to promise me something." Haruka asked, pulling Rin's arm away.

"If you loose, don't say you're going to quit. Don't embarrass yourself. Don't cry if you loose." I was surprised at what Haruka said.

Why would Rin cry if he lost? Rin then pulled away from Haruka.

"Im not a little kid anymore." Rin said. "This time, I'll make it clear how different you and I are." Then Rin started to walk away. "Build up some muscle before the perfectual tournament. We'll settle things there, and maybe make it even more interesting."

Why did he mean more interesting? I walked in Rin's direction. Once Haruka looked away I ran up to Rin.

"Hi Rin!" I said with a smile on my face. "Oh, hi Hibiki." He said.

"I got the note you left when you left. It was hard to find because it was crumpled up though." He told me.

"Yeah sorry about that. I didn't want to make Gou sad by saying 'I would join your club' if she was in the other one. But right now it seems pretty clear that I won't be staying at Iwatobi." I told him.

"Good." He said to me with a smile. I missed his smiles. "I even asked the coach to get me a team suit." I said.

"Looks like you're pretty serious." He told me.

"Of course I am, when I go to Samezuka, I'm going to forget all about those five." I said. "I think ties for the best."

"Hibiki!" I heard Nagisa yell.

"Hibiki where are you!" Rei yelled. "Hibiki!"

"I better get going." I said turning around. I then felt a hand on my shoulder. I turned around and looked Rin in the eye.

"Don't tell anyone about me and Haru's conversation okay?" He asked.

So he knew I was there.

I nodded with a smile then walked away.