0.1- Mcdonald's and dirty magazines.

CHAPTER ONE.

"Jesus Christ, Anna. How many McChickens can you eat?" Ashton asked her from the passenger seat. They had just received their food from the drive-thru at Mcdonald's, a usual routine developed after their partnered shifts at the shitty old gas station on hot afternoons.

  He was laughing at her, watching her intently as she devoured her fourth- or was it fifth?- McChicken sandwich. She absolutely hated McDonald's but Wendy's line was too long and she exclaimed that she was going to die if she didn't eat at that very moment.

"Do you mind if I take off my shirt? I'm sweating gallons right now and I stink," the curly-haired boy asked her. It was true, California was in deep drought at the moment and over 100 degrees. Hell, even Anna wanted to take her shirt off. She shrugged and continued to eat her sandwich as he stripped from his shirt and sighed with pleasure. "That feels good."

"Anyway, what's up with Luke lately? He hasn't been like-around," she took another bite and stared at Ashton as he pulled out (a/n: lol I wouldn't make him pull out of me just saying) and drove along onto the main intersection. The light was red causing him to have to stop and finally answer her question.

"Honestly, I don't even know. Wanna' check him? I'm not doing anything until 6 so I have some time to kill."

She hummed an approval since her mouth was still full. The light turned green and they were on their way to Luke's apartment.

><

The pair stood in front of his door wearing their sweat consumed red uniforms for work. Their boss, Jonni, owner of Jonni's Pumpin Gas Station, made the uniforms himself with his free membership to Custom Ink which he talked about a lot. A picture of a thumbs up took place on the pocket area of the shirt and the pants were way too flared at the bottom but it was protocol.

Ashton knocked on the door but didn't get an answer. Anna, who's patience was once again growing slim, texted the ridiculously tall boy about their arrival but even after ten minutes, there was no sign of entrance. Anna pulled up the ugly mat that lay on the front door and pull out a key from under it. "He thinks no one knows about this, it's our little secret." Ashton mockingly praised her by putting his hands up while she unlocked the door.

Dirty magazines and empty bottles laid sprawled across the floor and they automatically knew something was up. Luke was always the type to have everything in particular order and place. So seeing the condition his apartment was currently in, they knew that whatever was the cause for his disappearance was bad.

"Robbo, where are you?" Ashton walked in first inspecting the place, Anna coming in after him. "God it smells like shit!"

"Don't use God's name in vain!" A small groan came from the bedroom. They both went in that direction.

They entered Luke's bedroom, which made the living room look clean and polished, revealed the blonde boy laying on his bed in a small ball under his blankets.

"Holy shit, Luke. Looks like a typhoon just went through here."

The boy just groaned and rolled onto his side in response. Anna was looking around trying to find some sort of explanation to why the blonde boy was living like a hoarder. Then she found it.

She just pulled the sheets off of him and climbed in, pulling the boy in for a hug. "It's going to be okay, Luke." Ashton stood there confused until the brunette gestured to where the paper was laying on the counter.

Ashton read over the paper, understanding why the boy who smelled like he hasn't showered in days (which he didn't) was upset.

The pair sandwiched Luke on his bed, hugging him until he wanted to talk. But he didn't want to.

"There's other colleges than Yale and Stanford, Robbo. I'm sure you'll find one that'll make you equally as happy as you would've been there."

"That's not the point. You know how much my mom wanted me to go one of those prestigious ass schools. It's the one thing I had going for me," Luke muddled into the pillow. The two just looked at each other not really knowing what to say.

  Anna knew exactly the feeling of disappointment Luke was going through. She had her whole life set out only to reach her junior year of high school and realize it was harder than she thought. Luke's groans and sobs shook (a/n: SHE SHOOK) her out of her sadness to focus on his.

  "Okay listen up, little shit. Hey! Look at me when I'm talking to you!"

  "Oh God, she's going into mother mode." Luke said still faced down into the pillows. Ashton just laughed, which caused Anna to glare at him as well.

  "I am not going to just sit here and listen to your whiny ass! Look, colleges are colleges. You graduated valedictorian of our class, joined as many sports as you could, and never missed a day of school even if you were sick as shit."

"Yeah, that was kinda gross man," Ashton said, making Luke look up at him and roll his eyes. "You had snot all over your sleeves and smelled like NyQuil."

"Anyway, besides the point, Ashton," she glared at him while he just laughed and shrugged. "What I'm trying to say is you worked so hard for four years just to give up because these two schools didn't want you. Out of the whole group, you're the only one who has an actual chance at college. Do it for us!"

Luke finally laid on his back but still had a pillow over his face. "THAT'S NOT THE POINT! I wanted those schools."

"Well, I guess then. I'll just ask Jonni if there's any job openings at the station since you wanna' be a dumbass," she sighed and motioned for Ashton to pretend with her. 

 "Yeah, haha! You're gonna' be a loser who didn't get into college like the rest of us! No offense, girl."

  "None taken." Luke groaned in response, finally getting up. His hair was a mess and his face was pale with a few food stains here and there. 

 The pair stood on either side of the bed with their hands on their hips and smiles on their faces. Luke just looked at them with his head in his hands (a/n: not that head ok nasty) and groaned again. 

 "Fine, you're right. I'm gonna' fuckin' kick ass!", the temporary sad boy says before he sees the rejection letters on the corner of his bed and goes back to crying into the covers. 

 "The only thing that's supposed to be long and hot is my sex life, not my day!," the girl groaned because everyone else was doing it before plopping back down onto the bed. 

 Their McDonalds got stale in the car as they stayed until night came, comforting the boy. 

A/N: YALL DEADASS KNOW THESE ARENT MY TYPE oF STORIEs IM GONE 

hope im doin ok