Part 10 'What a show'

Hours have gone by. I look down at the fancy glass in my hand with its swirling colors. I've had five of whatever these are already, plus others. How many altogether? I have no idea. At first, I was cautious with my alcohol consumption. A drunk dragon looking for their Given wouldn't be sightly. Yet, all of these drinks haven't even given me a buzz yet.

The club is much more lively now, if that's possible. Bodies against bodies grinding away, making my innocent self have to look away. The smells only got worse, as you could imagine. I've been burying my nose in my drink. It would explain why I've had so many.

Currently I'm sitting down on the small circle in the center of the dance floor. Why not follow exactly what the dream had shown? I hiss every time someone steps on me or tumbles over because of their drunken state. It's been a good fifteen minutes of no one engaging me, thankfully.

As of recently, all around the room I've been feeling eyes on me. The crowd, failing to hide me. Stressed and tired, I sip back my latest drink. The adrenaline from finding the place long gone.

"Hey baby, what are you doing in the middle of the dance floor all by yourself?" I don't make eye contact and ignore the guy completely. My response only eggs him on more. He stoops down so his face is right in my face. His breath so horrible smelling, but now that he's closer, I can smell it all over him. He's a werewolf. I turn away, obviously not skilled in this part of social interaction.

My choice was an ill one as now I'm circled by his 'friends'? I don't know what I'll do if one purposely touches me. Distressed, I ask for advice. 'Crest please help me.'

"They are not entirely here to flirt with you. They find you suspicious. You will not be able to avoid this confrontation."

'Very well.' I size these new wolves up. All bad news, they don't seem like nobody's. One behind me says, "Darling why don't you dance with us? Unless you're here for another reason." His words clearly fed out from a smirk. I turn around slowly to face this new threat, exposing my drink. As he sees me turning around, his smirk grows even wider. Annoyed, I stare up at him for a few seconds before dropping my gaze back to the crouching guy in front of me.

Another wolf approaches appearing more 'just' which I'm guessing was the point. Putting a worried face on as he sees his companions crowding around me, he says, "Hey! Are we harassing women now? Keep your dignity and leave her alone. Let's go, I found something."  As if suggesting something at the end of his speech, all eyes snap to his. The guy stands up brushing himself off. Shortly they follow the 'self righteous 'ones fading silhouette.

'Hahahaha!" Like a mad person I laugh hysterically to myself. 'What a show.' I stare down at my glass before gulping it down.

"This drug would include the only effects of eight hours of paralyzation, effective immediately."

I can tell Crest is enjoying herself. My body collapses, shattering the glass onto the dance floor. Slowly my eyes lazily close.