≿❈ ℌ𝔬𝔴 𝔱𝔬 𝔊𝔢𝔱 𝔞 𝔚𝔬𝔪𝔞𝔫 ❈≾

"You can't be serious." Father shifted on the seat of his antique high-back chair.

     "Why would I lie? You know I detest wasting time," Severus said.

     "Because dealing with anyone associated with hidden homes around the planet, means you're up against a power you don't want to provoke."

     "I thought that might be the case." He sipped his Firewhisky.

     Father rolled his walking stick back and forth between his long fingers. "I hate to be pleased about my legal obligations, but it makes my ability to travel with you a non-issue."

     Severus cocked his black brow, his tone doubtful, "You'd help Hermione Granger's parents? I'd think they're a bit too muggle for you to even consider offering."

     The glint in my father's eyes made me wonder what he thought as he gazed at my godfather for a long moment." People change Severus. You did." His cold gaze cut to me, standing by the open window. "And look at my son's miraculous ability to commit himself to one relationship."

     "It's not hard when you're in love, Father."

     "He won't give you Pure-blood offspring," Father hissed.

     We glared at each other. I had no desire to fight with Father about this again.

     Severus shifted in his seat.

     "Right, Godfather? Love changes people. Makes them see new parts of life they missed before."

     His dark eyes snapped to mine, but nothing else moved—it was eerie. "Whatever are you talking about, Draco?"

     "From what I hear, you and Loretta Schrader are getting close to tying the knot."

     His face was deadpan. "Certainly not."

     "What? I'd read in the Prophet that you two were..." I rocked my hips.

     "No," Severus said.

     Father perked up in his seat and smiled. "No, Draco. There's dating rules or some such nonsense."

     "Rules?" I lifted my brow at them.

     Severus took another sip of his drink.

     "What rule does one need to get a female to swoon and spread her legs? All I've ever done was tell them some gibberish about how pretty they are and that I think of nothing else." I checked my fingernails. "Works every time."

     "No, you misunderstand, Son. They have to date for a set period of time before having sex."

     "What? That's ridiculous! What if you liked them and then found out they were horrendous in bed?" I was scandalized. Were I Severus, I couldn't even pretend I stuck to that rule.

     Father took a deep breath. "You're not going to believe this, but he hasn't met a single woman that has caught his interest."

     "What was wrong with Loretta?"

     "Fame whore," Severus scoffed.

     I almost took offense as Harry's handsome face popped to mind.

     "What about the blonde with the big?" Father held his hands in front of his chest.

     "Talked too much."

     "There was that redhead from Brisbane—"

     "Didn't talk."

     Father and I glanced at one another. I'm positive I looked as confused as he did.