Laughing Bat

A/N Written by @TheForgottenSilentMaiden. Plot minorly changed.

It was an ordinary day...or night at the Watchtower; everything was at peace and quiet. The heroes and heroines had left for different missions except the masked vigilante who decided to watch out for trouble.

He was bored out of his mind, everything was quiet in Gotham, he actually slept for about three hours without being disturbed and managed to organize all the files on the computer. But he enjoyed the peace and quiet.

"Oracle to Batman I have some files you would have wanted to see but Dick beat you too it."

"So what was the reason of calling me?" He growled.

"Well 'Mr. Grumpy Pants' I decided that you must be bored, even you can get bored on monitor duty."

"Point, so what do you expect me to do?" He asked quirking an eyebrow underneath his cowl.

"Well I was looking at a link my friend gave me before I came back, I read it." She smiled innocently. "And well I want to know if Batman would laugh at something ridiculous as this."

"I don't have time for th-."

"May I remind you, you have nothing better to do?"

He stood silent then growled lowly.

"Fine I'll read it and if it makes me laugh or smile I promise to go to that wedding next week."

"And if you don't I promise not to bug you about anything unimportant for a week...Deal."

"Deal", he mumbled.

"Link is sent, see you later Bats."

He had no idea why he made this into a bet, probably because he needed a challenge. He opened the link and read the title. He tried not to smile, but the title was too damn funny even to the Dark night.

'Love Is within Heroes too (even if there the same gender)' was the title.

He read the summary before reading the entire story.

○●○

"Batman, we're back would you mind opening the door for us to land the Javelin." Superman's voice cut in through the Dark Night's laughter.

He pushed the button then continued his laughing while managing to fall off the chair.

"I wonder why Bats didn't make a remark like last time." Shayera said holding her mace over her shoulder.

"Maybe he's in a good mood." Green Lantern joked.

"Bats in a good mood...That doesn't seem right." Flash smiled.

"Sshh, do you hear that?" Superman and Diana hissed at the others to be silent.

They could make out faint notes of.....laughter? They all walked slowly to the Monitor womb as the laughter became louder with each step. It sounded happy, and full of life.

"That can't be Batman; he's too...scary for that." Flash said hiding behind Shayera's wings.

"Well maybe someone came early or Joker poisoned him." Diana said, her heart stopped for a brief second at that thought, worry seeping in.