07 | The Birth of Trunks

Dragon Ball © Toriyama Akira, Shuheisha, Inc

Bulma excused herself very early that day because she didn't feel well

Bulma excused herself very early that day because she didn't feel well. Her pregnancy might be the main reason, but she was even more uncomfortable thinking about how to tell Vegeta about it. They were living together, sleeping in the same room even. Seeing how sharp Vegeta's intuition was, there was no way he couldn't figure it out sooner or later.

She sighed in relief upon seeing it was only seven. Vegeta wouldn't return to the bedroom until ten at the earliest so she still had hours to calm herself and figure how to tell him about the big news...

If Vegeta reacting the news the same way every other father was...

Resting her back on the wall right beside her door, Bulma took a deep breath and suppress the uncomfortable feeling that was bulging on her throat. She was scared thinking about the way Vegeta would deny their baby, telling her to get rid of it simply because of his hatred for ordinary humans.

They were partners with benefits. They were both lonely and happened to be in the same house.

He was there when she needed to forget Yamcha.

And it took only a single kiss from him to forget about him.

Shaking her head, Bulma slapped her cheeks twice before opening her eyes with a new resolution. "You need to be strong, Bulma. You're going to be a mother and you need to be strong for your baby." She then put her hand on her belly with a smile. "You're going to be born as strong as Gohan, little one. So share some of your power to Mummy, will you?"

Her smile grew wider upon the warm sensation throughout her body. Now that she cast the bad thought about her pregnancy away, came the joy. Only then she understood how joyful pregnancy news could be.

She was going to be a mother...

There was a life growing inside her...

The thought quickly filled her heart with joy. She turned the knob and proceeded into her room without realising that she wasn't alone in that room. Bulma jolted and screamed outright when she turned the light on and saw a figure leaning against the wall near the huge window in her room.