25 | A Different Timeline

Dragon Ball © Toriyama Akira, Shuheisha, Inc

How many times did they hope the warriors would make it back alive without any casualties? Every day, they wished that they could stand in front of their door and said, "Gotcha!"

How many times did they hope the warriors would make it back alive without any casualties? Every day, they wished that they could stand in front of their door and said, "Gotcha!". How they wished they could show the same vibrancy Yamcha showed upon seeing them back alive, especially with the knowledge that no casualties occurred.

Despite calling himself useless, Yamcha guarded Goku since the heart illness occurred and calmed the panicking Chichi. ("Oh, aren't you the guys from the future? What!? You're Goku's daughter and you're Vegeta's son!?" Yamcha screamed).

Krillin suggested that they had to move really fast from the house since there was a high chance the androids were heading to their house as they spoke. Since they never store anything important in the house, it didn't take them long to pack the essentials and put them into the plane Bulma gave to Krillin prior to the battle.

Tenten was watching her father sleeping with hands entwined together. "Otō-san..." she whispered while holding his hand. "It's me, Tenten—the one from the future. I'm back, Otō-san. But we... failed to stop the androids' resurrection..." Tenten took her father's hand and rested her forehead on it. "I don't want to be selfish, but we really need you right now, Otō-san, so please... wake up soon, okay?"

Yamcha then came with Krillin to bring her father while Trunks brought his futon so they could lay him on the plane. While her mother was busy pointing at things that needed to be brought, Tenten was ordered to bring the twins to the plane. Carrying them in both arms, Tenten couldn't stop looking at both of the babies simultaneously—overwhelmed by the strange sensation the babies were emitting.

"How do you feel cradling yourself and your twin brother?" Trunks mockingly asked.

"Well, how did you feel with yours?"

Trunks chortled, scratching the back of his head. "Yeah, weird. I know."

"And, not only that." Tenten chuckled. "I've forgotten about how small a baby can be. They're so... light and..." Tenten bit her bottom lip as the joy surged through her centre. "...pure; so full of hopes and promises. Do babies always give you these kinds of feelings?"