37 | Because You Loved Me

Dragon Ball © Akira Toriyama, Shuheisha, Inc

Her father wasn't kidding when he said that chamber was too much even when they did nothing

Her father wasn't kidding when he said that chamber was too much even when they did nothing. Everything in the room, from the tiles, the walls, to the furniture were all white. The gravity was heavier and it wasn't easy to breathe properly due to the high room temperature and lack of oxygen.

The building had two side wings with housing food supplies that had two large pots containing their only comestibles—unlimited water and flour. The sleeping quarters had two single beds and a bathing quarter.

Stepping further, Tenten widened her eyes to see the open area outside the building. There was neither night nor day in the room but the surroundings remained a constant bright iridescent white aurora and the room boundaries were believed to stretch to infinity even though it appeared to have a definite atmosphere, limiting its size to about that of the Earth. She was still warned not to marvel too far as she might have lost directions.

Each side of the building was adorned with two giant hourglasses of emerald sand that counted down a year within the chamber. The clock on the dome roof of the main part of the building was telling the applicable time in the real world. The door she just passed through was the only thing that connected them to the real world. The moment it was shut, she couldn't feel anyone's Ki—not even Cell's surging Ki; then the hourglasses were pouring its emerald sand below, starting to count down the time they had inside the room.

They had to spend a year in a place like this...

"I know that this is hard but I don't want to hear you complaining about the place since we're not here to fool around," Piccolo told her.

But she had put everything behind that door—her past, her burden, her feelings, and everything. Her sole purpose here was to get stronger and it was liberating. Taking a deep breath, she spread her arms, then did it again for the second time. It might not be an ideal place to train but if it was worth the necessary training she should had years ago then she wouldn't mind.

"The air is so refreshing, don't you think so Piccolo?"

A drop of sweat trickled down the side of Piccolo's face. "The current temperature is seventy degrees and the gravity is ten times the Earth, Tenten."