XXXIII

Peter

The guards brought something to my attention about the Deliah situation. I was sitting with the members of the High Table and the captains of all the guards plus their second in commands. "Well, spit it out men," I announce.

The guards nod, "We have detail about her land here in Amster."

I nod, "Go on."

"There is more than one property. A farmhouse in the country. Once we found out, we sent six armed men to collect her. What we found was equally surprising. There is someone who we think would benefit from talking with you," the captain of the guard says. I stand up and nod. I follow him to an interrogation room to see a man sitting there. He was wearing a large tan t-shirt with a straw hat. The man had dirt caked into his nails; I assumed he was a farmer.

"Hello sir," I say and sit down.

The man takes off his straw hair and a mess of blonde hair is revealed. He had very dark brown eyes. His features were very familiar but I couldn't put my finger on it. He nods, "Hello my king. I wanted to speak with you. The guards informed me of Deliah."

I nod, "So you know of her?"

He chuckles, shaking his head, "Unfortunately so, my lord."

I cock my head, "What do you mean sir?"

"I've known Deliah for years," he sighs, "My name is Tom. And Deliah is the mother of my two daughters, Lily and Rose."

My eyes go wide and I think to myself, "Oh my gosh."

Aaron
A Week Later

The carriages from Amster and Peter came out with Ashlyn. Ashlyn ran to give Rose a warm hug, who was just three weeks from her due date. Then the man came out. He was wearing a straw hat and tattered clothing. He was the perfect mixture of Rose and Lily. It was startling.

Rose held Lily's hand as the man walked closer. He bowed to all of us. His eyes turned to Rose and Lily, the corner of his brown eyes filling with his tears, "My daughters. It has been a long time." He tries to hug them.

Rose glares at him hard, "Apparently not long enough for you to search for your daughters. We have lots to talk about, sir."

Rose turns away and walks back into the castle. Lily shakes her head at the man and runs away sobbing. I turn to him and he shakes his head, "What a welcoming."

I tilt my head up slightly to show power, "Don't expect much else. They'll show you to your room." I turn to find my wife. Rose has gone to the throne room, rubbing her ever growing belly. She looks up at me with tearful eyes. 

She sniffles and wipes her eyes, "I know it was rude. I couldn't help it."

I nod and kiss her forehead, "You deserve to be angry. After how he left, I would be equally as angry."

"He tried to hug me," Rose says, "After all these years of leaving me with questions about my family and he wants a hug. That man is lucky I even gave him the time of day."

I nod and kiss her softly. Then I kissed the belly. It started moving, as if the baby was squirming. Rose moans in pain and holds her stomach, "The baby doesn't like him either." She cries out and holds her tummy. Then a I see a liquid seep through her dress. I looked in her eyes and she looked worriedly in mine, "No! The baby wasn't due for another three weeks."

I stand up and scream, "Someone call a medic!" I was about to be a father, three weeks to soon.

Rose

The medics carried me to the hospital wing and sat me on a bed. The pain was unbearable. I screamed in anguish and sweat beaded down my forehead. Aaron stood by me every step of the way. Ashlyn and Lily would filter in and out, bringing water for me to drink and cool towelettes to rub on my head. Former Queen Victoria walked in and nursed me, giving me tips since she has done it twice before.

The medics told me to push and I did. It was like a trying to push out a five pound weight out of your privates. After six grueling hours, I let out a final push with a terrifying cry before I heard the sweet sounds of the baby crying. Tears ran down my eyes. The medics washed the baby and smiled at me, "Congratulations. A little princess has been born."

I saw Aaron hold our daughter. I could tell even from a distance she had golden curls like her mother. Aaron brought her into my arms. She was precious. She was so chubby at five pounds and eight ounces, which is a great weight for someone who was early. My little princess had her father's silver eyes. Ashlyn and Lily were both crying, and Former Queen Victoria was smiling brightly at her first granddaughter. The kingdom scribe walked in with the birth certificate, "Your Excellencies, what is her name?"

I smile and look at Aaron who nods. "Her name is Cecilia. Cecilia Victoria." Victoria smiles and hugged Aaron tightly before giving me a peck on the cheek. The scribe smiles and writes her name. He says that the birth certificate will be done in a few days and leaves.

My father walks in and looks at Cecilia. He turns to me, "May I hold her?"

I squint my eyes, "No. She might be your granddaughter but Cecilia shall have no affiliation with you ever."

Tom shakes his head, "I didn't have a choice to leave you know. Your mother ran me out of town that day threatening to stab my eyes out if I ever came near her. I didn't see her for years until she recently came to me wanting my help. I used to love your mother so I gave her food and rest. I woke up one morning and she was gone with some of my hard earned money. I thought you guys had died when the dressmaker shop was set aflame. I realized soon after that you were queen. Please, let me hold my granddaughter." Tom has tears in his eyes.

I nod and hand Cecilia over to him. He smiles and tickles her stomach, "Aww, whose the little precious princess." Cecilia giggles at him.

"You can have the dressmakers shop. We'll repair it so it's livable," Aaron pips up and takes Cecilia.

Tom smiles, "That would be lovely. I would like to get to know my daughters and grandchild."

I nod. I looked at my beautiful daughter and smiled. Cecilia was the peacemaker of all of this chaos. A true queen.