V

Bailey
Today was the day of the ball. Deliah has slept the entire day except when dinner was ready. When the girls were done eating dinner, they took baths soaked with warm water, lemon juice, and some rose petals. When they were done, I had to comb and brush their hair. After I tied it into a messy bun, I waited for them to put on their undergarments before slipping on the first part of the dress which was a thin silk dress. Then, I put on their dress braces and tightened the straps. I pulled the blue dress over Rose, and the pink dress over Lily. They pulled on their stockings.

I combed their hair down again, and then styled it. I put Rose's hair in a high bun and Lily's into a long side braid. I put on their makeup which wasbrown blush, mascara, eyeliner, and red lipstick for them. Deliah was able to dress herself, do her own hair, and makeup. The girls went downstairs to put on their show and wait for the carriage.

I went to the drawer and took out my dress, then went to Rose's room to get the dress brace. I took a warm bath, and scrubbed everywhere. After drying off, I oiled my body with olive oil and wore a thin dress. I put on the dress brace and pulled my dress over after pulling on my stockings. Then, I put on some blush and pink lipstick. I wear my shoes, that the shoemaker made for me. I brushed my hair to my shoulders and walk downstairs.

Lily, Rose, and Deliah look at me when I come down the stairs. Lily and Rose give me smiles of approval while Deliah scowled at me. After a while, a brown carriage comes. Lily, Rose, and Deliah go in first sitting on their seats. I sit next to Deliah and their carriage starts it journey. We last through the center and up lush green hills. The sun was setting over the castle as we approached it. Lily and Rose gazed up mesmerized by the view, while Deliah gave them a talk.

"You are to win favor in Prince Aaron's eyes. Agree with whatever he finds interesting. Smile and act pretty," Deliah says. Rose and Lily cringe a little before the carriage rolls to a halt. The carriage driver opens the door and helps us all out. I gaze transfixed at the castle.

There was a stone driveway that surrounded the front. Flowers were planted all over the entrance with a tree in the middle of a circle. There are steps leading up to a red carpet, where a man in a blue suit waits. I hold my dress and walk up the stairs with the girls. Deliah tells the man our names as we walk inside. We gasp as we enter the ballroom.

There are golden chandeliers on the ceiling lighted with candles. The roof is painted gold with baby angels on it. The walls are a peach color with a oak wood floor. Many people are there, eating the snacks and socializing. There are five red chairs on a balcony with two big ones in the middle, one medium one on an left, and two more medium ones on the right.

We slowly make our way down the stairs and on the ballroom floor. Rose and Lily seem to be the only ones wearing light colors, so they will stick out. Deliah grabs Lily and Rose and pushes them in the long line of girls who are waiting to talk to Prince Aaron. I've never been interested in him, considering the fact I have never saw him before.

"Prince Peter of Amster," the man announces. I walk over to the line of food and take a shrimp.

"Now presenting the royal family of the Virgin Isles. King Edward and Queen Victoria, Prince Aaron, and Princess Amelia," the announcer rings. Everyone stops and takes a now as they sit. Lily is the first in line, I hope she does well.

Lily
I walk to Prince Aaron and curtsy, "Hello, royal family. You are all looking lovely."

King Edward smiles, "Hello. And what is your name."

"Lily Grunwald, sir," I answer.

Prince Aaron looks my way, "So, Lily, what do you like to do?"

I gasp. I wasn't expected this at all. I clear my throat, "Well, you see, I like, erm. I'm sorry, I'm a bit nervous." 

He chuckles, "It's all right." The guards announce that my five minutes are over.

"Good luck Rose," I whisper as I walk down the stairs.

Rose
I walk up to the royal family and curtsy, "Hello. It is a pleasure to meet you. You are all looking well, this evening."

Prince Aaron smiled, "As do you. Now, what is your name?"

"Rose Grunwald," I reply.

Prince Aaron smiles, "Rose? What a lovely name. So, Rose, what do you like to do?"

"Well, I really like to sing, paint, and I especially love baking. But, I also love feeling the wind in my hair as I run to wherever my feet take me," I say.

"Ohh, do you climb trees?" Prince Aaron asked.

"Yes, there is a huge contest we have every year in the center where you have to climb a huge oak tree. I usually get second or third place which get me a batch of fresh made cookies from the baker," I reply.

"Well maybe you could sneak me in some time," Prince Aaron smirks.

"Maybe I could," I blush.

"So, what are you looking for in a relashionship?" Queen Victoria asked.

I was about to answer before guards came to announce that my time was up. Prince Aaron waved them off, "A few more minutes from her." They nod and return to their posts.

"Well, I want a connection. I hope to have a couple children in the future. I don't want to marry for money, or status, or anything trivial like that. I want someone to love me for my personality, and not my status," I reply, leaving out all my cards.

"Me too," Prince Aaron blushes. King Edward, Queen Victoria, and Princess Amelia smile with delight as Prince Aaron stares at me. His silver eyes piercing my brown ones. The guards come over, saying that the other girls are becoming reckless.

Prince Aaron sighs, "Ohh fine. I'll see you later, Rose."

I nod, "I hope to see you soon. Have a lovely evening."

Prince Aaron
I barely paid attention to all those other girls after Rose. She was perfect. She was beautiful, graceful, non-rehearsed, and was fine with getting dirty and messy once in a while. Mother and Father left after a while to socialize. Then, Emerald came up and I heard Amelia grown when she saw her.

Emerald was wearing a gold dress with a golden train. Her black hair had to big cornrows which were curled at the end. Her face was caked with makeup, which made her brown eyes pop out. "Hey Aaron and Amelia," she smirks.

"Hello, Emerald," I reply dryly. I try to find Rose through the crowd before Emerald steps in front of me.

"So, nice ball you have here. My father's ballroom is much prettier than yours. We have actually chairs that the guests can sit on with good food," Emerald bragged.

"Emerald, I believe your five minutes are over," Amelia said. Emerald huffed and walked away while we fistbumped.

"I'm going to have a walk," Amelia stated.

"Ok. Have fun," I smile.