Prologue

Narrator

A very long time ago, King Edward and Queen Victoria of the Virgin Isles gave birth to twin girls, Princess Ashlyn and Princess Amelia. On their first birthday, the kingdom celebrated with a festival invited all the villagers and other neighboring kingdoms to visit. The festivities lasted til the evening, where the twins started playing in the palace's lush green lawn.

Amelia was distracted by the flowers that the gardener was planting, meanwhile Ashlyn was distracted by the beautiful colors of the day's unique sunset. A man cloaked in black walked to Ashley and offered her a butterscotch cookie. As Ashlyn reached for the cookie, the man grabbed her and ran.

The gardener looked up and saw Ashlyn screaming, kicking, and crying. "Sound the alarms! Princess Ashlyn is being taken! Guards, seize that fellow!" The guards ran after the man in black as Princess Amelia's ladies-in-waiting grabbed her and ran into the palace. Prince Aaron was crying. The man put Ashlyn in his lap, jumped on a palace horse, and sped off. The guards couldn't catch the fellow, but sent the Navy after him.

Ashlyn screams distracted the man, who in turn smacked her. Ashlyn screamed and kicked the rope right from the man's hand causing the horse to run into a tree. Ashlyn was flung from the man's grasp and rolled through mud. Her dress teared and mud caked her face. She rolled in the doorstep of the kingdom's dressmaker.

Ashlyn kicked the door, causing the dressmaker and her two daughters to come out. She looked at Ashlyn, looked around, grabbed her, and ran in the house with her two young daughters. Young princess Ashlyn was more beautiful than both her daughters, which caused to woman to have bitterness and anger for the child. The woman had not seen the royal family, so she had no clue the baby was a princess.

In bitterness, anger, and sloth of the child, she took it upon herself to make the young baby princess their own personal slave. She named her Bailey, which was considered a boy name in the kingdom. Meanwhile in the castle, a distraught King Edward and Queen Victoria prayed for the well-being of their missing daughter.

And that's all there is to know.