XIX

Rose

"Are you ready Lady Rose?"

"Yes, Jonathan. The team may come in."

Today was the day of Aaron and I's coronation. It is Virgin Isles custom that the royal couple are crowned four months after they wed. The team was coming to dress me in the gown and fix me up.

They storm in, with their tools and my dress is hung on a rack. They take me to the tub and scrub me with a rose petal and lemon scrub. After I dry, I wear my underwear and the hairstylists brush my hair and give it a trim.

Others prep my shoes and bring the brace for my dress. I slip on the white soil dress, the brace, and finally the dress. It was a beige ball gown lace dress with sleeves and a long train. My hair was in a braided crown, with strands left flowing down my face. They put mascara and red lipstick on me, with a bit of blush.

"Thank you, team." I praise.

I'm escorted out to the double doors in front of the ballroom. There were royals, commoners, and servants attending the coronation, since it's a holiday in the kingdoms. A trumpet sounds and I walk through the doors. The people go silent as I make my way to the top of the balcony, where Aaron, the king and queen, and the Prime Minister stand.

I curtsy in front of all of them and the Prime Minister turns to me.

"Prince Aaron, do you promise to protect and serve this kingdom well. Guard it with your life. Bring no trouble to it or anyone in it. And be a wise and just king, as long as you shall live?" the minister says.

Aaron turns to the crowd, "I swear to it with every bone in my body."

The minister turns to me, "Lady Rose, do you promise to protect and serve this kingdom well. Guard it with your life. Bring no trouble to it or anyone in it. And be a wise and just queen, as long as you shall live?"

I turn to the crowd, "I swear to it with every bone in my body."

The minister turns, "Let it be recorded in history the very words they sweared upon. Bring the crowns."

A young man brings a large gold crown with hundreds of jewels and smaller crown with less jewels on a red pillow. The Prime Minister places the large crown on Aaron's head and the smaller one on mine.

"By the powers of God and the people of the Virgin Isles, I crown thee King Aaron and Queen Rose of the Virgin Isles," The prime minister smiles.

I take Aaron's arm as we stand on the edge of the balcony. A trumpeter shouts, "All hail King Aaron and Queen Rose."

"All hail the king and queen," the crowd shouts. Aaron and I walk down the balcony steps into the crowd. They part forming a path, and continue to shout the phrase.

When we get outside, there is a gold and white carriage waiting for us. After a coronation, the king and queen go out on a vacation. A butler opens a door and we both step inside. Our royal subjects wave to us and throw little beads at the carriage. We smile and wave back to them, as our carriage leaves the castle.

About two hours later, we make it to the vacation spot. It was a small secluded mansion with five bedrooms and five bathrooms, a living room, dining room, and a ball room. Around the mansion were guards with weapons, ready to fight off any intruders.

The carriage rolls up the stone driveway to the mansion. We arrive and the butler walks to us with a pillow. We set our crowns down.

"Do you need anything, your Majesties?"

Aaron looks at him and replies, "Some champagne in the master bedroom, please."

"Excellent, I'll have it brought up to the suite in the mean time. It is up the stairs, the big double doors at the end of the hall. The bathroom is inside. There is a pool and hot tub for relaxation and a chef will be here in a couple of hours," the butler responded.