28

"We get to know if we're having a boy or a little girl today Ty" I say laying on the bed looking up at the ceiling. There's so many emotions going through me right now. I know this is supposed to be a happy thing. But it feels like I'm going to throw up, I'm past that stage. I feel happy, excited, nervous, anxious, scared and many many other emotions.
Tyler and I lay in bed even longer. He soon got up to get ready for the day and take a shower. While he had done all of that, I must've fell asleep in the bed so he let me go. I've been tired lately. I try to go workout at least 3 times a week now and I get so out of breath and tired just from doing that little.
I finally wake up to the smell of bacon that Tyler had made for us along with some waffles, fruit, and yogurt parfait with granola. Bacon used to make me sick when I smelt it but now that's all I'm craving. We sit at the island watching tv from the living room and I feel someone staring at me.
"What" I say looking over with a mouthful.
He smiles and chuckles. "Nothing, just I can't wait until later. And look how cute you look with that belly of yours. It's getting bigger"
"Did you just say I'm getting bigger?"
"I.. I didn't mean it like that El-" he says all nervous.
"Tyler I'm just messing around with you. I am. It is cute eh?" I tell him so he doesn't feel like he's saying something wrong towards me. I knew what he meant, I just thought I'd joke around with him.

After breakfast, well brunch, since I didn't wake back up for the second time until 11pm, I decided to get ready myself for the gender reveal later on around 4pm. While I was taking my time getting ready, Tyler went to work out since neither of us was allowed over Jamie's apartment. He had everything over there for the gender reveal. It so attempting to peak in but I know we can't do that.
I got a shower, put my hair up in a messy bun, but cute. I didn't really put much makeup on today. I grabbed a pair of stretchy black holey jeggings with a white shirt to show off my stomach and an army camo button down boyfriend jacket which was baggy. I put on beige booties and call it a day.

When I got out of the bathroom, I find a surprise on the kitchen counter. Flowers, balloons, candy, gift cards, cards, and a few edible arrangements.
There was a blue and pink flower bouquet, gift cards to my favorite restaurant and a salon/spa where I can get my hair, nails, and a must needed full body pregnancy massage. Edible arrangements is my favorite. I'd take fruit over candy and chocolate everyday. But what's better than chocolate covered fruit? Nothing. I get it on my birthday, Valentine's Day, Christmas, Easter, every holiday or just a regular day. You name it.

4 o'clock couldn't come around any slower. I tried to get my mind on something else to keep me busy but I was just too set on going to Jamie's already. Tyler and I have been watching Netflix and playing xbox. That's about it. We are bored out of our minds and want to know what gender our child is already.

I get a text from Jamie around 4:32, 32 minutes after the expected time we were supposed to go over.
< okay El!! Sorry to keep you waiting I know you've waited longer than expected. It's time. Come on overrrr.
Not even 20 seconds later Tyler and I were banging on the door because he locked it to make sure we didn't go over before 4.
He opens up the apartment door, everyone's standing around his apartment, talking, smiling, videoing is, taking photos, and having a good time. They are just as excited as we are. The only person who knows is Jamie and my sister in law, Brigitte. Not even my mom or brother or any of our family.
I look over, there's more balloons, presents, food, flowers, and cake. Then I hear someone that sounded like my mom and there she was, on Group FaceTime along with my brother and his family, and Tyler's mom with his sisters.
I talk to them for a few minutes and then Jamie says 'it's time.'
"Time for what? How are we doing this? Popping a balloon? Shooting a hockey puck and having powder come out?" I ask knowing the basics to a gender reveal. I hear Birgitte from the computer, "No Ellie. I'm more clever than that. It's a cake? Time to cut it!"
That's original also, but I do like that surprise. You have no clue until you cut open the cake to see the color of the cake.
Everyone gathers around getting out their phones to take videos of Tyler and I cutting the cake.
The cake is split down the middle. On the left blue and on the right pink with the saying "he or she? Cut to see." It also has the Dallas Stars 'D' on the girls side that says 'diva' and a figure skate. On the boys side it has a hockey skate and says 'future star'.
I take one side and Tyler takes the other.
"3..." I say. "2...1..." we both cut into our side around the same time. I pull my piece I cut out and it's blue. I almost dropped it all on the ground because I was jumping up and down with excitement.
"Blue!! 'Pink' Omg! We're having a 'girl' boy Tyler." I say running to the other side of the table to go to Tyler.
I thought I heard girl for a moment so I stopped to look at him. I look down at the cake and his side is really pink. I swore mine was blue. What? Am I trippin out or something?
I look around to everyone. Back and forth from them to Tyler.
Twins? We're having twins? There's only one baby in my stomach. The doctor said there's only one. I only saw one and so did everyone else.
Everyone in the room was smiling and laughing with their cameras out. It's a happy thing but it's not funny right now. Twins?
"Jamie? What is this?" I ask looking at him with a stare.
"Congratulations! You're having twins! I can't wait to be a godfather to 2 kids instead of 1!"
Tyler and I just stand there for a few until I hear Brigitte yell over FaceTime and laughing. "It's just a prank!! We got you guys! What would you have done if this real?"
"Omg! I hate you all. I don't know what I would've done. I don't know. Ugh I can't stand you all. What are we having. I've waited longer than I should've!"
We went over to his living room part and there was a huge box. We opened it up together, a huge black balloon came up with 'here for the sex' written in white and in the box there were confetti poppers. Everyone there got one. When we pop the balloon, the pop the confetti.
There was another countdown with both Tyler and I hoping this is the real deal this time and not a prank for the second time again.
Blue came out all around us. From above and from everyone around us. I was in tears of joy and I couldn't stop hugging Tyler. "We're having a boy" he says with tears coming down too. I give Jamie a huge hug next and then forgetting everyone else in the room even Tyler and I's family on the screen on FaceTime.
In the bottom of the box, there were gifts that go along with the our child being a boy.
There were hockey skates, the smallest I've ever seen. I started to cry because they were just so cute and the smallest I've seen before. There were also hockey skate bootie knitted socks, 'daddy slipped past the goalie' onsie Jamie got for fun. My child won't be wearing that anytime and Tyler better not put it on him. 2 tiny green Dallas Stars jerseys. One said 'Daddy' on the back and the other said 'The Godfather' like the movie because it's Jamie's favorite. It also included their numbers under the name. My favorite thing that was in there was a bear holding a picture frame of the ultrasound photo showing that he's a boy. On the top it said 'It's a...' and then on the bottom of the photo it was marked with 'BOY'. It was the most thoughtful gift and one I'll have and remember forever.
I cannot wait for this journey and soon to have this baby boy. The gender reveal was one I'll never forget. For sake, we thought we were having twins! What. A. Prank.

     Now that we know what we're having, I want to get it out to the world. I won't be able to hide it for much longer and what's the point of hiding it?  I'm not ashamed. I decide to post to social media knowing everyone who was at the party will post me finding out the gender.
I get the best two videos of the prank gender and the real deal along with some photos with everyone. I post them to social media.

     "Yes, this may be a shock. A surprise. But I hope a happy one. We don't care what anyone has to say or what they think because Tyler and I are beyond happy and excited to have this life and soon have our baby BOY in it. Shoutout to my sister in law for planning everything, but the part with us having twins... that was a scary thing. But also shoutout and a huge thanks to Jamie. The Godfather. We chose you because there's no one else that will live this child like Tyler and I will. You are the perfect man for this job. You're the most mature, trustworthy, best person in the world. We love you so much Jamie. We thank you for everything. Thank you to everyone who came to find out this huge life step. Mommy and daddy cannot wait to meet you little guy. @dallasstars watch out, hes going to be another Tyler Seguin."
@tylerseguin92 "I love you so much, I love our life together, I love our unborn son to death already. I cannot wait to do life with you. And yeah, he's going to be the best hockey player there is because look what genetics he has. Look who he has as his father. Thank you to everyone. Especially Benny, we love you bro!"
@jamiebenn.  "No one really expected this but life and gods gifts are amazing. I am beyond blessed to be chosen to be your baby boys godfather. Segs, what are you talking about? He's going to be the best because look who his godfather/ uncle is. Me. Jamie Benn. The captain for the Dallas Stars. Ellie, your going to be the best mother out there, thank you for choosing me. I love you 3. You guys are family. Forever and always no matter where we part. We're a team. A family. Btw, this was all Brigitte's idea. I just thought I'd throw in you guys having twins to see tour reaction. It was funny wasn't it. A good prank eh?"

     Many family and friends commented and texting me about it. Mostly congratulations and can't wait to meet him texts.  Other comments weren't so great coming from fans and others.