"And you're claiming her? What do you know about her? What if she's another hoe who just wants your money?"

"She has her own money. Listen, I don't feel like doing this back and forth right now. I have business calls that I need to knock out." Hassan said as Monica knocked on the door.

She stuck her head in before speaking. "I'm sorry to interrupt this unnecessary argument, but Harley's leaving. The press saw her sitting in the back and bombarded her with questions."

Hassan sighed as he walked out of his office. He instantly regretted talking about Harley to the press. Especially knowing that she was there. He caught Harley just as she was about to walk out of the front door. "Harley wait!"

Harley stopped walking and turned around to face him. "You could've given me a warning first."

"I know. I'm sorry." He told her. "I don't know what I was thinking. Let's get out of here."

"But your family-"

"I don't wanna talk to my parents right now. Let's go get something to eat."

"All you do is eat." She giggled. "Can Megan come?"

"Sure. I'll call Tony." He smirked before he went to retrieve his phone from his pocket.

Que Te Pedi blasted throughout the house as Juanita swayed her hips from side to side while standing in the kitchen

"She's so fuckin' annoying!" Hermione exclaimed as she walked down the staircase. Her head was throbbing and all she wanted to do was sleep.

She saw her sister standing over the stove, making her infamous Arroz Con Pollo and rolled her eyes.

"Could you keep it down?" Hermione asked which startled Juanita.

"Oh my God!" Juanita chuckled as she placed her hand on her chest. "I forgot you was even hea'. You always in the room."

"Yeah and this is why." Hermione said as she entered the kitchen. They were complete opposites. Hermione liked peace and quiet and Juanita liked to play music to get her through the day. Juanita was a bubbly person and Hermione was rude.

"Yeah whateva'. You know I'm only letting you stay hea' because Harley wants you hea'. And I don't know why. Especially after the way you treated her-"

"Oh please! I was outta my mind Juanita. I already apologized to my niece."

"I don't give a damn. You need help Hermione. Hea'." She said as she sat a red plastic cup in front of her. "It'll help the headache."

Hermione inhaled the strong odor coming from the cup and slightly gagged. "I'm not drinking that! It smells like fish food and dog shit."

"Well, you'll just have to take the pain then." She shrugged. "Because that medicine won't help you."

Juanita was the master of home remedies. If she was sick, she would make her own natural remedy before going to a hospital. She always trusted the natural things that she put in her body before the medicine the doctors gave her. She didn't trust hospitals.

"You think you know everything." Hermione rolled her eyes as she stood up.

"What? I was just tryna help-"

"Ever since we was little, you always thought you was better than me!"

"That's not true!"

"It is! You made good grades, mamí and papí loved you, you was the popular one, even had the guy every girl wanted in high school!" She yelled at her.

"Calm down Hermione-"

"No! I'm sick of this shit! You wanna know why I started doin' drugs? It was because mamí and papí never gave a shit about me! I was with Steven, who beat my ass and nobody ever noticed. Mamí was so happy when she heard that I was about to marry her best friend's son. She never asked how I felt! Nobody did!" She continued to yell as tears streamed down her face.

"Hermione-"

"Shut the fuck up! You can't tell me shit! Now you own a restaurant and Keon-"

"Don't you bring up Keon!" Juanita yelled back.

"Now the princesa is gettin' offended!" Hermione chuckled. "You know what, fuck you Juanita!"

Hermione stormed out of the kitchen with Juanita hot on her trail. "I barely said anything to piss you off! You really need to get some help Hermione! Can't you see that I'm willing to help you?"

"I ain't nobody's charity case." Hermione said before she walked out of the house, slamming the door shut.

" Hermione said before she walked out of the house, slamming the door shut

Vote

Comment