I was sitting up on my bed, hugging my knee’s to my chest just thinking. Even though Zayn and I only hugged, I had this feeling in my stomach that kind of liked his comfort.

But I can’t let myself let my guard down. He’ll only leave me again, so why should I get close to him again? Becoming close to him again is pretty much setting myself up for heartbreak again, and I don’t think I can handle it.

Its bad enough he had to see the stupid hell hole that I spent a lot of my time in making money in every illegal way possible.

I’m sure he feels sorry for me, and bad for me, he probably thinks I’m weak and worthless, but who am I to care. I don’t care what he thinks of me. At least I shouldn’t care.

Not gunna lie, I was shaken up for a bit returning to that place. Sure it’s only been a couple days since I’ve been there but, it just reminded me that my past was actually, bad. Like really bad. And to have Zayn see it hurt something inside of me.

I was interrupted from my thoughts when the door opened and closed. I looked up to see Niall; he instantly put a smile on my face.

“Hey sis,” He said smiling at me. He came on my bed and sat down next to me.

“Hey,”

“What’s wrong, you seem sad?” He asked concerned.

“Nothing, I’m perfectly fine”

“Ally, I think I know you well enough to tell that you are lying, you know you can tell me what’s on your mind” He said wrapping his arm around me. He pulled me so I was resting my head on the side of his chest so I could feel his heartbeat.

“I’m fine Niall; I just missed you that’s all.”

“I missed you too, I really did and I’m so happy that you’re here and I get to see your pretty little face every single day.”

I couldn’t help but smile at his comment.

“You’re such a loser,” I joked, shuffling myself so I was sitting up a bit just leaning on his side.

“I’m taking that straight to the heart.” He said placing a hand on his heart, faking pain.

“I was joking Nialler, you know I love you.”

 “I love you too, so are you going to tell me what’s really bothering you? I know something is and I won’t leave until you tell me.”

“I’m just tired really, I woke up early this morning and I’m still adjusting to the new place, so I’m just sleepy is all.” I mumbled hoping he’d buy it. I wasn’t completely lying because I was tired, I just hope that he would believe it and not want me to explain to him the ugly truth.

He wrapped his finger around my hair, twirling it with his hands. He patted my head and said “Then sleep Ally, and relax a bit, you seem stressed out lately, Shh just sleep.”

And just like that I found myself falling asleep. It was easy because Niall is like a teddy bear and he has that care in his voice that just helps you ease your mind.  He was the best brother I could ever ask for.

“Aww look at them, they’re so cute” I heard a voice say. It took me a while before I realised that it was Harry. But I still refused to open my eyes.

“Shut up they’re sleeping.” Another voice said, and then I heard a slap noise. It had to be Louis hitting Harry in the head.

I opened my eyes hesitantly, regretting it instantly because the light shined in my eyes.